6 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2013 4:52 AM by rehanpathan

Hello World jBPM

nikulsuthar

Hello there,

I am very new to jBPM. I am having Java 1.6.0_24 and downloaded jbpm-5.0.0-installer-full. The demo script of the jBPM downloaded jboss-5.1.0.GA and Eclipse Helios. I am able to run the demo code properly (Except it throws an exception in running the reports) and I am good with it. I am trying to custom build a Hello World jBPM process and want to deploy on the server. Can anyone please guide me to get the information to develop a simple jBPM Hello World process and deploy by some or the other means to the JBoss server? Your help will be highly appreciated.

• 1. Hello World jBPM
          roxy1987

Hey Nikul,

What exception? May be BIRT is not properly installed.

Also you can deploy your process both manually as well as using guvnor. Processes are explained in the user guide.

regds.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Hello World jBPM
            nikulsuthar

Hi roxy1987,

Thanks for your reply. I found out the user guide for jBPM 5. With it I am able to find Drools online editor. I am able to save the processes in the Guvnor repository. I am also able to check in and check out the processes in Guvnor with the Eclipse IDE. But the only thing I am not able to do is get the processes to show up in the jbpm-console from where I can run them. Please help me the processes created in Drools and Eclipse IDEs to show up in the jbpm-console to run them. Your help will again be appreciated.

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Hello World jBPM
              roxy1987

Hey Nikul,

To have the processes in jbpm-console process list, you need to build the package in guvnor and the process shows up in the jbpm-console process list. Here is the demo link.

http://people.redhat.com/kverlaen/jBPM5-guvnor-integration.swf

regds.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Hello World jBPM
                nikulsuthar

Hi roxy1987,

I tried to run through the demo link but encountered an exception "unable to parse xml : Exception class org.drools.RuntimeDroolsException : invalid package name" while building the package. I have attached the screenshot of the exception. Please refer and inform where the things went wrong.

Package build error.jpg

Below is the Hello.ftl file I created. Please inform if anything is wrong in it or not:

<html>

<body>

<h2>Hello</h2>

<hr>

This will start the Hello Process !

<form action="complete" method="POST" enctype="multipart">

<input type="submit" value="Complete"/>

</form>

</body>

</html>

Also below is the HelloTask.ftl file I created. Please inform if anything is wrong in it or not as well:

<html>

<body>

<h2>Hello</h2>

<hr>

Hello World !

<form action="complete" method="POST" enctype="multipart">

<input type="submit" value="Complete"/>

</form>

</body>

</html>

I don't know after creating what shall I do with the above ftl files since it was not mentioned in the screencast.. In other words am I supposed to configure them somewhere in the jbpm file or in the package or what I don't know. Once again your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

• 5. Re: Hello World jBPM
                  roxy1987

Hi Nikul,

Invalid package name occurs when there is a package name mismatch. I see that the package you are using here is helloWorld. I am sure that if you go to the IDE and check the properties of your process definition, you will find  a different package name. Make sure that both the names are exactly the same.

As for the ftl files, you just need to create them and keep then in the package in your IDE and then add to guvnor in the same way as you add your process defnition and then build the package. If you need help with the creation of ftl files, you can check out the example ftl in your jbpm installation folder.

If you want to know how to link these ftls with a task then you can check out the source code of example process defnition given and see how the url is added to the node while its creation.

regds.

• 6. Re: Hello World jBPM
                    rehanpathan

Dear All,If you want to successfully install jbpm v6 and need some changes

than check this link it will help you.

http://www.attuneinfocom.com/installation-of-jbpm-v6-beta2