3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2013 11:27 AM by jennytian

WS-security and username token auth. with jbossas 6.0

apolci

I'm trying to secure a webservice throw username token authentication.

I've found this tutorial http://community.jboss.org/message/338347#338347 and other similar sources but I have a problem with the endpoint configuration cause we cannot find the standard-jaxws-endpoint-config.xml file.

If I understand the jbossws.sar isn't distributed anymore with jbossws, so where I have to put the configuration of my endpoint?

Is there any updated resource on this topic?

Thanks,

Andrea

• 1. WS-security and username token auth. with jbossas 6.0
          asoldano

I think you already found out that if you want to use the stack that comes by default with AS6 (jbossws-cxf) you need to look at the jbossws-cxf documentation, http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossWS-StackCXFUserGuide .

In any case, just to clarify, the jbossws-native standard configuration files (standard-jaxws-endpoint-config.xml, etc.) currenlty live inside jbossws-native-core.jar that's in common/lib and client folders. Users are not supposed to changed them. However they can provide their own configuration embedding similar conf files in their deployment.

• 2. WS-security and username token auth. with jbossas 6.0
            apolci

Thanks Alessio.

You are right, I already looked there and solved my problems, I forgot to reply to myself in this discussion

Bye, Andrea

• 3. Re: WS-security and username token auth. with jbossas 6.0
              jennytian

Hi Alessio and Andrea,

I am a newer for JBoss WS. I have a question related to the file standard-jaxws-endpoint-config.xml in JBoss6. In JBoss 5, we use this file to define the JAX-WS HTTP Handlers for all JAX-WS HTTP Web Services. Since it applies for all of the JAX-WS web services, there is no extra modification for the new web services. As far as I learned, this file is no longer there in JBoss 6. Is there any global way to define the handlers for all of the JAX-WS web services in JBoss6? If we have to include this file in every web service, which exact folder should I put this file to? And do I need to change the service code by using @EndpointConfig annotation? Thanks a lot!