6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2011 4:10 AM by bcn

Visual Editor: Template file is not found

bcn

I created a Richfaces 4 web application with Maven and open the sample index.xhtml file with the visual editor.

The part <ui:composition template="/templates/template.xhtml">

is marked red with "Template file is not found", although the file exists and the path is correct (the folder templates is in the same directory as index.xhtml).

Thanks,

Ulrich

• 1. Visual Editor: Template file is not found
          bcn

If I remove the leading slash, i.e. templates/template.xhtml, the error disappears.

But this is not as it should be, so I assume that is a bug in jboss tools.

• 2. Visual Editor: Template file is not found
            maxandersen

VPE resolves the relative path templates/template.xhtml without any problems since it is relative to the current file.

/templates/template.xhtml is on the other hand absolute and thus it needs to know the root of your webapp to resolve it.

A couple of ways to do that:

1) Edit VPE page settings for the xhtml to set the root webcontent.

or

2) Right click project and click Configure > Enable JSF which will setup WTP on the project

or

3) install Jboss tools maven integration and Maven > Update Project Configuration and it shuold be enabled on its own.

#3 is probably your best option here since you are using Maven.

• 3. Visual Editor: Template file is not found
              bcn

Thanks for the reply.

I had JSF Capabilities already enabled and JBoss Maven integration installed, but the problem persists.

Could you please explain your point 1 a bit more detailed? Where do I edit the page settings?

Thanks,

Ulrich

• 4. Visual Editor: Template file is not found
                akazakov

screen.png

screen2.png

• 5. Visual Editor: Template file is not found
                  dgolovin

Could you check what you have in .settings/org.eclipse.wst.common.component file? I'm curious what is in wb-resource element with deploy-path="/" attribute?

• 6. Visual Editor: Template file is not found
                    bcn

Alexej, your third option worked. And after restarting Eclipse, now it works even without setting the absolute folder!

Denis, the file content is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<project-modules id="moduleCoreId" project-version="1.5.0">

<wb-module deploy-name="smsurbano">

<wb-resource deploy-path="/WEB-INF/classes" source-path="/src/main/java"/>

<wb-resource deploy-path="/" source-path="/src/main/webapp"/>

<property name="context-root" value="smsurbano"/>

<property name="java-output-path" value="/smsurbano/target/classes"/>

</wb-module>

</project-modules>

Before, I had another line in the file (see thread http://community.jboss.org/thread/162518?tstart=0) which was always recreated when I right-clicked on the project and chose Maven>Update Project Configuration. Now I deleted it again and this time it was not recreated (due to the restart of Eclipse?). Maybe this was the reason that the path was not resolved correctly.

Thanks,

Ulrich