2 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2011 6:05 AM by francesco.pietrobelli

An exception occured while reading in the ruleflow xml: unknown gateway direction: converging

tilakd

When i create a process definition, while the .jbpm file is open, it works perfectly, once i close the file and try to open again i get following:

"an exception occured while reading in the ruleflow xml: unknown gateway direction: Converging See error log for more details"

Now if i edit the file to delete the converging gateway, i get the same exception as null in the place if "unknown gateway direction"

Version of jbpm is 5.0 (jbpm-5.0.0-installer-full.zip).

Is there anything wrong with this version of eclipse jbpm plugin.

• 1. Re: An exception occured while reading in the ruleflow xml: unknown gateway direction: converging
          tilakd

Issue is:

1) Whenever a gateway is used it is mandatory to specify the type like OR, AND, XOR.

2) Before starting on teh process design, specify an ID for process. Once you start adding components, a BPMN plane is created and it takes the id of the process, which if not specified is null and fails against the rule flow xml standards, and hence the null message.

• 2. An exception occured while reading in the ruleflow xml: unknown gateway direction: converging
            francesco.pietrobelli

I have a different problem but on the same topic.

The editor works fine but when i add the bpmn2 file to a KnowledgeBase i have this exception:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown gateway direction: Converging

at org.jbpm.bpmn2.xml.InclusiveGatewayHandler.createNode(InclusiveGatewayHandler.java:34)

at org.jbpm.bpmn2.xml.AbstractNodeHandler.start(AbstractNodeHandler.java:73)

at org.drools.xml.ExtensibleXmlParser.startElement(ExtensibleXmlParser.java:382)

I have this exception only with Inclusive Gateway, and only with Converging direction.

is it a bug or only I have this problem?

Cheers