0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2011 10:35 AM by dhivesh

Pack jars into folders for unique deployment of EAR application

dhivesh

Hi,

I wanted to know if it's possible to deploy an EAR application which exclusively contains jar's, but have some singularities that are described below.

The issue is that I would like to divide the jar's into various folders inside the lib folder of the application, in order to have the libraries more structured.

I wouldn't like to mix up all the jars in the lib folder or create various EAR applications (one for each group of jars). Also, I don't want to put the jar's in the server runtime because this would mean that restarts of the server are necessary each time there is a change (and the server contains various applications that shouldn't be affected).

I've tried to apply this solution, but when I reference the libraries from another application at runtime (not in compilation time) these are not found. Is there a possible way of structuring libraries this way? A valid solution for me would also be encapsulating various EARs if it exists with JBOSS (this way I would create various EAR's, one for each group of jars, and encapsulate them into a single deployment).

Thanks to everyone in advance.

Best regards,

Dhivesh