4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2011 9:05 AM by ramboid

Transaction timeout in JBoss6

ramboid

Which file would I edit to change the transaction timeout for ejb's in JBoss 6?  In JBoss 5, I would edit the trnasaction-timeout in transaction-jboss-bean.xml.  In JBoss6, I cna find the file but not the entry.

• 1. Transaction timeout in JBoss6
          jaikiran

Follow this http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-16660. It's now been linked to our JBoss AS6 FAQ http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossAS6FAQ

• 2. Transaction timeout in JBoss6
            ramboid

Thank you JP.

Perhaps you can help me with something else.  Since JBoss6 uses hornet, do I need to reconfigure any files to change the database for supporting messaging? I am changing the database from hybernate to PostgreSQL and the documentation for JBoss6 says that for JMS support one must change the file hsqldb-jdbc2-service.xml but I cannot find it anywhere.

• 3. Transaction timeout in JBoss6
              jaikiran

Carlos Oliva wrote:

Perhaps you can help me with something else.  Since JBoss6 uses hornet, do I need to reconfigure any files to change the database for supporting messaging?

HornetQ does not use any database, instead it uses its own journal. So you don't have to change any messaging files.

Carlos Oliva wrote:

the documentation for JBoss6 says that for JMS support one must change the file hsqldb-jdbc2-service.xml but I cannot find it anywhere.

The documentation needs to be fixed.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Transaction timeout in JBoss6
                ramboid

Thank you again JP.  Would the section about specifying a dialect for JPA also need to be updated?  The documentaion for JBoss6 directs the reader to alter the file .../ejb3.deployer/METAT-INF/persistance.properties instead of jpa-deployers-jboss-beans.xml.

Is this dialect change moot if one is changing the database to PostgreSQL?