5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2011 7:06 AM by strykow

Defining Processes Using the Process API

simonetogno

Hi all,

I'm new in the comunity.

I'm looking at jbpm 5 to improve a kind of simulation of some process.

I have to write some result of that simulation directly in the proecess diagram.

in the user guide i have found that is possible to define process using the Process Api

org.jbpm.workflow.core

org.jbpm.workflow.core.node

But i can't found the API specification.

Can someone help me?

regards

• 1. Defining Processes Using the Process API
          salaboy21

Hi Simone, I'm not sure to understand what are you trying to do... can you elaborate on that?

Are you looking a way to programatically create your processes? if is that what you are looking for I recommend you to look at the fluent API.

Take a look at the test called: ProcessFactoryTest inside jbpm-flow project:

https://github.com/krisv/jbpm/blob/master/jbpm-flow/src/test/java/org/jbpm/process/ProcessFactoryTest.java

Greetings.

• 2. Defining Processes Using the Process API
            simonetogno

Hi Mauricio, thank you for the reply.

I'm trying to write the result of simulation directly in the process schema.

In e possible scenario, i want to draw my process with the visual editor, run the simulation, and then, append automatically some intermediate result for example in e text notation linked to interested task.

I'have taken a look at the example. The fluent api seems easy to use but the question is: can I use the fluent api over en existing file?

Greetings

• 3. Defining Processes Using the Process API
              salaboy21

No no, the fluent api is to create processes using the APIs directly..

How are you planing to simulate your processes?

Greetings.

• 4. Defining Processes Using the Process API
                simonetogno

I think the following question is off topic but:

What kind of API are used in the eclipse diagram editor to modify the bpmn2 diagram?

I am sorry for this basic question but I'm e little bit confused.

About the simulation: Actually I'm trying to understand if jbpm5 can be used for my  purpose.

Greetings.

• 5. Defining Processes Using the Process API
                  strykow

To the best of my knowledge, the procedure of creating and running processes is as follows:

1. You create a process diagram using Eclipse-based process editor. The diagram is stored as XML file.
                  2. When you want to run a process, the process diagram (XML file) is translated into a process object model kept in a memory.
                  3. The fluent API is meant for dealing with the process object model. You can manipulate it or even you can create it from the scratch.
                  4. For dealing with the process diagram you can use standard XML API for direct processing of XML document or you can use API of a plugin which was used to create the process editor (GEF probably, but I'm not sure here).

Best regards,

Sergio