4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2011 4:48 AM by mmrath

jBPM 5 evaluation

mmrath

Hi Guys,

I am new to jBPM. Currently I am evaluating jBPM and activity. The project go live will be somewhere around 5/7 months. Currently I can see that jBPM  depends on few SNAPSHOT dependencies. My company policy does not allow SNAPSHOT dependencies, is there any plans for exclude/upgrade those dependency versions? The other question is around compatibility of jBPM with JEE6, can I make jBPM work(without much difficulties) with JEE 6 servers like glassfish and jboss 6?

Thanks,

Murali

• 1. jBPM 5 evaluation
          salaboy21

Hi Murali,

About the snapshot dependencies, yes, they will be removed to stable ones in future version. About JEE6 yes, you can use jBPM5 everywhere, because it's environment agnostic. You obviously needs to know about the container and how to work with their services in order to integrate the jBPM5 runtime with a JEE6 application server.

Greetings

• 2. jBPM 5 evaluation
            mmrath

Thanks for your reply Mauricio.

they will be removed to stable ones in future versio

Do you mean in version 5.1 these dependencies won't be there?

You obviously needs to know about the container and how to work with their services in order to integrate the jBPM5 runtime with a JEE6 application server.

Is there any documentation around this?

• 3. jBPM 5 evaluation
              salaboy21

About the dependencies, can you least the snapshot deps that you have right now? Are you talking about the 5.0 release right? We can create a list to be able to know what are the remaining snapshot dependencies that needs to be removed. I know that drools was in snapshot because it's required, so if the next release of drools goes out jbpm will probably adopt that new version.

About the JEE6 documentation, once again, jBPM5 can run in every environment. If you know how to use that environment you can run jBPM5 without troubles. As you can imagine documentation about JEE6 should be there in the Application Server project and it will probably contain several topics, so can you be more specific  about the type of integration that you want to have in your own applications?

Greetings.

Hope it helps

PS: the I'm thinking that the wiki idea about the snapshots will be very good item to have.

• 4. jBPM 5 evaluation
                mmrath

dependencies to commons cli and commons finder are in snapshot apart from drools.