2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2011 5:17 PM by andy.miller

Where is the TransactionTimeout annotation in AS 7?

andy.miller

I'm porting an application up to AS 7 Beta 1, and I cannot seem to find the org.jboss.ejb3.annotation.TransactionTimeout annotation.  Has it been implemented?  If so, where is it, since I cannot find it in any of the jars I see that are related to EJB 3.

• 1. Where is the TransactionTimeout annotation in AS 7?
          wolfc

All extension annotations are not yet implemented in AS 7 Beta 1. This depends on how we make things configurable through the domain. Once that has been decided we'll see which extension annotations still make sense.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Where is the TransactionTimeout annotation in AS 7?
            andy.miller

Carlo de Wolf wrote:

All extension annotations are not yet implemented in AS 7 Beta 1. This depends on how we make things configurable through the domain. Once that has been decided we'll see which extension annotations still make sense.

Well, just let me say that the TransactionTimeout annotation is appropriate.  Regardless of what you can configure, which you should be able to configure the transaction timeout for JBossTS, as you can do that today.  The problem with that, is that it will be for all transactions.  So, if you have a single method, as in my case, that needs longer, and you don't want a longer transaction timeout for everything, then you need this ability.  This is a common use case, at least from my perspective.  So, I would appreciate this being implemented, and I know lots of other users will too.