0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2011 6:11 PM by pepelara

Application Client Project issue

pepelara

Hi

I am trying to deploy and run an Eclipse App Client Project on JBoss 6.0.0 Final. The project consists in an EJB3.1 project with two classes, sb31.Publisher.java and a mdb.MessageBean.java being Publisher.java a stateless session bean that implements the MDB publisher and MessageBean.java is the subscriber with a method onMessage()

On the other hand I have the App Client Project with a client.Main.java class that implements the main() method. In the build path of the client I have included the EJB project

In first time I did it as usually being the IDE Helios SR1 but it did not work. So I have tried manually from the command line the following,

1.- I add in MANIFEST.MF file of the client the line “Main-Class: client.Main”

2.- Using jar files I have packaged the EJB3.1 class in my default mdb-publisher-client.jar file,  “jar uf mdb-publisher-client.jarsb31” being sb31 the package folder with Publisher.class inside of it.

3.- Trying everything is ok with “jar tf mdb-publisher-client.jar”,

META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

META-INF/

client/

client/Main.class

org/

org/hornetq/

org/hornetq/common/

org/hornetq/common/example/

org/hornetq/common/example/KillChecker.class

org/hornetq/common/example/SpawnedHornetQServer.class

org/hornetq/common/example/SpawnedVMSupport$ProcessLogger.class

org/hornetq/common/example/SpawnedVMSupport.class

sb31/

sb31/Publisher.class

I have deployed the mdb-publisher-client.jar file in the AS

4.- I wanted to run the client from the command line, “java -cp %JBOSS-HOME%\client\jbossall-client.jar;mdb-publisher-client.jarclient.Main” but it is not possible because a deploying exception,

DEPLOYMENTS MISSING DEPENDENCIES:

Deployment"jboss.j2ee:jar=mdb-publisher-client.jar,name=mdb-publisher-client,

service=EJB3"is missing the following dependencies:

Dependency "<UNKNOWNjboss.j2ee:jar=mdb-publisher-client.jar,name=mdb-publisher-client,service=EJB3>"(should be in state "Installed", but is actually in state"** UNRESOLVED Demands 'Class:sb31.Publisher' **")

DEPLOYMENTSIN ERROR:

Deployment "<UNKNOWNjboss.j2ee:jar=mdb-publisher-client.jar,name=mdb-publisher-client,service=EJB3>"is in error due to the following reason(s): ** UNRESOLVED Demands'Class:sb31.Publisher' **

atorg.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.checkComplete(Dep

loyersImpl.java:1228)[:2.2.0.GA]

atorg.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.checkComplete(MainD

eployerImpl.java:905)[:2.2.0.GA]

atorg.jboss.system.server.profileservice.deployers.MainDeployerPlugin.c

heckComplete(MainDeployerPlugin.java:87)[:6.0.0.Final]

atorg.jboss.profileservice.deployment.ProfileDeployerPluginRegistry.che

ckAllComplete(ProfileDeployerPluginRegistry.java:107)[:0.2.2]

atorg.jboss.system.server.profileservice.bootstrap.BasicProfileServiceB

ootstrap.start(BasicProfileServiceBootstrap.java:135)[:6.0.0.Final]

atorg.jboss.system.server.profileservice.bootstrap.BasicProfileServiceB

ootstrap.start(BasicProfileServiceBootstrap.java:56)[:6.0.0.Final]

at org.jboss.bootstrap.impl.base.server.AbstractServer.startBootstraps(A

bstractServer.java:827)[jboss-bootstrap-impl-base.jar:2.1.0-alpha-5]

atorg.jboss.bootstrap.impl.base.server.AbstractServer$StartServerTask.r

un(AbstractServer.java:417)[jboss-bootstrap-impl-base.jar:2.1.0-alpha-5]

atjava.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619) [:1.6.0_20]

I do not know if this is a bug of Eclipse because it happened to me in a GlassFish similar case. In fact I have could deploy and execute a web app using an EJB31 jar file put it in the lib folder of the web app. Typing the url in the web browser the web app is loaded, then I call a servlet that uses EJB DI and runs fine.

If you have any idea or suggestion I should appreciate very much.

Kind regards,

Jose