5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2011 1:24 AM by ywang4362a

Try to use the external database following document, but not work.

ywang4362a

HI! All,

We are trying to use oracle database as external database for AS6.0. We are following the jboss_jca_guide. But encount several problems.

1. 2.5 Change Database for the JMS services is invalid, see my previous post and kindly replied.

2. 2.7 Specify Database Dialect for Java persisetnce API, there is no such file: <JBoss_Home>/server/all/ deploy/ejb3.deployer/META-INF/persistence.properties

3. 2.8. Change Other JBoss AS Services to Use the External Database, we follow 2.8.1 The Easy Way. However, after we run jboss, it does not use our external database (I donot see any table is created in my oracle database). For sure, we change JNDI name in oracle-ds.xml and we put oracle-ds.xml to <JBoss_Home>/server/all/deploy/. We also remove <JBoss_Home>/server/all/deploy/hsqldb-ds.xml file.

Anyone can give us the hints?

Thanks a lot!

• 1. Try to use the external database following document, but not work.
          ywang4362a

Also, we notifice it is still using as60 internal database from startup screen:

07:17:03,005 INFO  [Version] Hibernate Validator 3.1.0.GA

07:17:03,070 INFO  [Version] Hibernate Validator 4.1.0.Final

07:17:03,081 INFO  [DefaultTraversableResolver] Instantiated an instance of org.hibernate.validator.

engine.resolver.JPATraversableResolver.

07:17:03,192 INFO  [DefaultTraversableResolver] Instantiated an instance of org.hibernate.validator.

07:17:03,198 INFO  [DefaultTraversableResolver] Instantiated an instance of org.hibernate.validator.

07:17:03,204 INFO  [HibernateSearchEventListenerRegister] Unable to find org.hibernate.search.event.

FullTextIndexEventListener on the classpath. Hibernate Search is not enabled.

07:17:03,214 INFO  [ConnectionProviderFactory] Initializing connection provider: org.hibernate.ejb.c

onnection.InjectedDataSourceConnectionProvider

07:17:03,218 INFO  [InjectedDataSourceConnectionProvider] Using provided datasource

07:17:03,299 INFO  [SettingsFactory] Database ->

name : HSQL Database Engine

version : 1.8.0

major : 1

minor : 8

07:17:03,300 INFO  [SettingsFactory] Driver ->

name : HSQL Database Engine Driver

version : 1.8.0

major : 1

minor : 8

07:17:03,331 INFO  [Dialect] Using dialect: org.hibernate.dialect.HSQLDialect

• 2. Try to use the external database following document, but not work.
            wdfink

As Jaikiran an me post in the other thread JBoss6 is different to versions before. Messaging is provided by HornetMQ where a database is not longer used, the messages are stored different.

I suppost you did not have the related document for JBoss6.

• 3. Try to use the external database following document, but not work.
              ywang4362a

Hi!

Thanks for your reply. The documentation I followed is in here:

http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/6/JCA_Guide/en-US/pdf/JCA_Guide.pdf

Seems it is for jboss AS version 6. But maybe I am wrong. If not, do you have any idea when the document will be updated?

Thanks a lot!

• 4. Try to use the external database following document, but not work.
                wdfink

Mmh,

looks like that the documentation you found is out of date.

The official site I use is http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossApplicationServerOfficialDocumentationPage but here I found your link

and the Admin Guide is a dead link.

=> Jaikiran, a question for you, how do report this kind of documentation errors? broken link and outdated chapters?

For HornetMQ you should use the related links, but because there is no database there is nothing to change.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Try to use the external database following document, but not work.
                  ywang4362a

Hi!

By following your link, it goes to the same document in my original document. Many thanks!