4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2012 3:55 PM by feima

Human Task View and "Could not connect to task server, refresh first" problem.

francisco_barros

Hi all!

I've been trying to reproduce the screencast (http://people.redhat.com/kverlaen/install-eclipse-jbpm.swf) linked at section "2.4. Using Eclipse Tooling" of "jBPM User Guide". I was stuck at 1:05, when, at the Human Task View, krisv name is entered at UserId and the button Refresh is clicked. I was getting "Could not connect to task server, refresh first" message. I've discovered that what was causing the problem was the installation of JBoss Tools 3.2 (before the installation I was able to reproduce the screencast *). To confirm, I uninstalled just Drools related plugins of JBoss Tools and could, then, reproduce the screencast without errors *.

My environment:

Eclipse Java EE Helios SR1 Win32 (not the default eclipse Java Helios that is configured to be retrieved at build.xml)

jbpm-5.1-SNAPSHOT

JBoss Tools 3.2 (Helios) Final.

* After uninstalling Drools related plugins from JBoss Tools I was almost able to identically reproduce the screencast. The only diference is that I can't see the image that represents process ongoing at Process Instance view (1:18).

• 1. Human Task View and "Could not connect to task server, refresh first" problem.
          krisverlaenen

To connect to the latest jBPM 5.0 task service, you need the Drools Eclipse plugin 5.2.0.M1 or above.

To see the image of your process in the process instance view, you must make sure that the plugin has successfully parsed the process before you start debugging.  Make sure you have automatic building turned on in Eclipse and save the process (for example move a node slightly and then save the editor so that the Eclipse builder will parse this changed process).  If you do that, does the process isntamge show up?

Kris

• 2. Human Task View and "Could not connect to task server, refresh first" problem.
            francisco_barros

Hi Kris, thank you for your help.

Unfortunately the process image does not still show up at Process Instance view. I've checked that automatic building is on and also have changed something (not of any meaningful) in Evaluation.jbpm and even in ProcessTest.java. And I have cleaned the project too.

I've noticed that, at evaluation project properties, in builders section, there is a missing builder: org.drools.eclipse.jbpmbuilder.

Do you think this is the cause of process image not showing up in Process Instance view?

Finally, I've also done a fresh install (jBPM 5.0 Final) but the problem persists.

Thanks again!

• 3. Human Task View and "Could not connect to task server, refresh first" problem.
              francisco_barros

No more a problem!

Thanks Kris and I'm really sorry about the "process image does not still show up at Process Instance view".

The answer was that I only did a "single" click at line RuleFlowProcessInstance (Process Instances view) and, that way, the process image didn't appear. When I did a double click it appeared. Sorry again

• 4. Re: Human Task View and "Could not connect to task server, refresh first" problem.
                feima

I had the same problem with jbpm-5.2.0.final. I installed using "ant install.demo" and started eclipse etc using "ant start.demo". It turned out that only the first Human Task View and Process Instances view can connect. Which means if you have those views opened in multiple perspectives like Debug and jBPM, then make sure only use them in Debug perspective. The Eclipse installed by jbpm installer opens jBPM perspective by default and it's tempting to try it out there and then it won't connect in debug perspective until restart Eclipse.