1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 18, 2011 2:09 AM by jaikiran

Local TX Datasource Status Unavailable

andrewg

This is avery interesting problem. I am running JBoss AS 5.1, with JDK 1.6.0_23, RedHatLinux 2.6.32-71.14.1.el6.x86_64 OS on a VMWare vm named serverP1. Database isOracle 9i on a dedicated DB server.

SETUP.

I copied the default server to another directory and renamed it appP1, created asymbolic link in the server directory to appP1.

Changed the IP address and hostname in the startup script. Placed EAR and app-ds.xml in the deploy directory.

Started the server - everything is OK, ds is available and app works.

NEXT cloned the vm and called it serverP2.

Renamed the appP1 directory appP2 and changed the symbolic link.

Changed the IP addr and hostname in the startup script.

Started the server - everything is OK, ds is available and app works.

NEXT repeat above for serverP3 / appP3.

This time the local DS is reported as Unavailable, but the app appears to be working just fine. Multiple restarts on change.

(oh I am running through an F5 load balancer, but can hit each server directly)

Now this happened to me before but in a slightly different way.

Exactly the same set up as above with serverD1 / appD1. In this instance I copied appD1 to appD2, made the require IP / sym link changes.

appD2 ds reported as unavailable.  So I deleted appD2, copied and renamed the default server. Same problem. Did this multiple times.

I compared the boot.log and server.log across all servers and there are no significant differances.

Any ideas?

Thanx, Andrew

• 1. Local TX Datasource Status Unavailable
          jaikiran

The admin console in JBoss AS5 is known to be buggy when it comes to reporting the status of the datasource. I would recommend that you don't pay too much attention to that status and instead check the logs and your application to see that the datasource is functioning fine.