4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2011 12:09 PM by welle

HTTP PUT

zzpprk

All

I am getting more familiar with JBoss but I am still a beginner. I need to disable HTTP PUT. How do I do that?

Regards

Patrick

• 1. Re: HTTP PUT
          welle

If your question is about disable HTTP put for ALL calls to the web container I do not think it's possible.

But if you want to disable HTTP put for a web application a POSSIBLE solution could be to use the

"<security-constraint>" in the web.xml to make sure that the specified "<http-method>" can only by executed

if the caller is in a special group (that no one is)

• 2. Re: HTTP PUT
            welle

I just realized that you probably can implement a Tomcat Valve that stops all HTTP put request if you want to disable the possibility for the whole web container.

• 3. HTTP PUT
              zzpprk

This is more like it.

Please be patient with me and tell me what to put and in what file.

I am a real beginner and do not know what files control what!

Many thanks

• 4. Re: HTTP PUT
                welle

Well...

- The first suggestion is based on that the web application is a J2EE standard WAR package. Setup is done in "WEB-INF/web.xml" and "WEB-INF/jboss-web.xml"

- For the second suggestion I would suggest using google to find more information about tomcat valves. (It's more of a programming solution rather than configuration I'm afraid)