2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2011 12:53 PM by henk53

Really slow deployment while dialog visible

henk53

I'm using JBoss tools 3.2 CR1 on 64 bits Eclipse 3.6.1 on Mac OS X 10.6.

When I redeploy my project to JBoss AS 6 using the Clean... command on the Runtime Server in the servers view, deployment is incredibly slow. In the dialog that's being shown I actually see the file names being deleted being displayed in the dialog and then the files being copied. Although the different files are displayed in a blur (a fraction of a second per file), the entire operation takes something like 30 seconds.

The thing however is that I have a quad core 2.93Ghz i7 iMac with a fast SSD. This operation on Eclipse 3.5/JBoss tools 3.1 is *instant*. While the files are being copied, Activity Monitor shows no measurable disk activity and no measurable CPU load.

I then clicked on the button to perform the operation in the background, and it finished *instantly*. It thus seems there is some problem on OS X with the screen update code. As if the code attempts to display every other file on the screen, so the maximum copy rate would be about 60 files per second (refresh of my screen), which approximately seems to be in line with the amount of time the operation takes (some 2000 files and it takes some 30 second).