5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2013 6:52 PM by mojavestorm

Host property for jbpm5 console

bpmn2user

I thought of sharing this information as one would run into a problems running jbpm console from a remote box.

There is a file called jbpm.console.properties that includes the host information. This file is included in jbpm-gwt-core-5.0.0.jar.

The contents of this file are as follows:

jbpm.console.server.host=localhost

jbpm.console.server.port=8080

jbpm.console.task.service.host=127.0.0.1

jbpm.console.task.service.port=9123

You need to change the host value, i.e provide your hostname instead of using localhost and bundle it jbpm-gwt-core-5.0.0.jar.

• 1. Host property for jbpm5 console
          arjunp

Hi,

Where is this file located please.

Thanks

• 2. Host property for jbpm5 console
            bpmn2user

This file is located in jbpm-gwt-core-5.0.0.jar and jbpm-gwt-core-5.0.0.jar jar is embedded inside WEB-INF\lib of  jbpm-gwt-console-server.war (e.g., JBoss jboss-5.1.0.GA\server\default\deployjbpm-gwt-console-server.war )

• 3. Re: Host property for jbpm5 console
              cold_burn

I'm sorry to dig this thread up, but I did this with JBPM 5.2.0 on Jboss 7.0.2, but it didn't work.

The instructions said here are similar to what is being said on this link:

http://bpmgeek.com/blog/making-jbpm5-work-remote-host

Doing either instructions doesn't allow the access to the JBPM interfaces (console, designer or guvnor) on a remote machine.

On my case I find it necessary to also modify the following files to be able to access remotely, although barely, to JBPM:

C:\JBPM\jbpm-installer\jboss-as-7.0.2.Final\standalone\configuration

standalone.xml

standalone-ha.xml

standalone-preview.xml

standalone-preview-ha.xml

standalone-xts.xml

Modification done: Changed 127.0.0.1 to Static IP of the server.

I say, "although barely" because becomes possible to access the JBPM interfaces from a remote machine, but several errors occur.

Those are:

Loading Tasks: Exception "Could not connect task client"

Loading Processes: Exception "Could not connect task client"

Loading Reporting area says "Reporting Engine does not seem to be running."

These errors also happen on the server SO environment.

Those errors don't show up when a 127.0.0.1 configuration is in place.

(Reporting (Birt.war) is  functioning well on the 127.0.0.1 configuration)

Technical information:

JBPM 5.2.0

Jboss 7.0.2

Windows Server 2003 x64

jdk1.6.0_25 x86

So, if you can help me it would be great. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

• 4. Re: Host property for jbpm5 console
                sebastian8712

In jBPM 5.3.0 the jbpm.console.properties can be found twice -.- For me it worked by adapting the version under gwt-console-server.war/web-inf/classes/jbpm.console.properties.

This whole configuration for a remote access with new users/roles and changed admin password is a disaster. There are too many configuration XMLs and Properties and you never know which one is used.

• 5. Re: Host property for jbpm5 console
                  mojavestorm

I hear you Sebastian