4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2011 10:08 AM by calgonit

JBoss 5.1.0GA + JBossNativeWindows in w7 x64

calgonit

Hello I have JBoss 5.1.0 GA running like a windows service in a w7 x64 without problem.

With older versions of JBoss for work it like a service I used Java Service Wrapper by Tanuki, and in order to see its state with the windows console in the wrapper.conf i put:

wrapper.ntservice.interactive = true

wrapper.ntservice.console = true

How I can do this same with the JBossNativeWindows?

Thank you very much in advance.

• 1. JBoss 5.1.0GA + JBossNativeWindows in w7 x64
          peterj

What is JBossNativeWindows?

• 2. JBoss 5.1.0GA + JBossNativeWindows in w7 x64
            calgonit
            • 3. JBoss 5.1.0GA + JBossNativeWindows in w7 x64
              peterj

Oh, so you meant using JBossNative to run JBoss AS as a Windows service (instead of Java Service Wrapper). I thought that you were asking how to apply JBossNative within Java Service Wrapper. And actually, JBossNative is not needed with 5.1.0 because 5.1.0 ships with the two files needed to run JBoss AS as a service: service.bat and jbosssvc.exe

So I think what you are asking is what is the equivalent to wrapper.ntservice.interactive and wrapper.ntservice.console when using service.bat. The answer is that I don't know because I don't know exactly what those two options do in Java Service Wrapper. But here is my guess:

wrapper.ntservice.interactive - I think that this sets the "Allow service to interact with desktop" option. service.bat does not set this automatically, but you can go back into the service properties (using Computer Management) and set it.

wrapper.ntservice.console - I think that this causes Java Service Wrapper to run a command prompt and pass the startup of JBoss AS to it. I am guessing this based on your description of what you want: "in order to see its state with the windows console"

My question to you is: why can't you look at the server.log to see the state? Also, when service.bat if run it redirects the console output to the run.log file. So you can see the state in that file also. To get constant updates, open a command prompt and run a utility such as tail.

• 4. JBoss 5.1.0GA + JBossNativeWindows in w7 x64
                calgonit

Thanks Peter now I'm using "baretail" app to view lo output.