4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2011 8:56 AM by nimo22

endorsed libs not recognized

nimo22

Didnt jboss tools set up the appropriate classpath for the endorsed libs of jboss 6, when using Jboss 6.1 Snapshot?

I clicked the "Open Launch Configuration" of jboss tools server gui, which shows that the right path is set in vm-args:

-Djava.endorsed.dirs="D:/jboss-6.1.0-SNAPSHOT/lib/endorsed"

I also included the lib/endorsed to my classpath as it seems that jboss tools have not done it after creating a new server-config:

<classpathentry kind="lib" path="D:/jboss-6.1.0-SNAPSHOT/lib/endorsed"/>

But after all, eclipse gui does not recognize it:

For example, when having this in my source code:

@Resource(lookup=",,")

private DataSource ds;

eclipse complains that it cannot find the "lookup"-property of @Resource (because it looks in the false lib..j6se instead of jee).

Normally, it should look within the endorsed libs of the jboss-path to find the appropriate activation.jar.

So my question, does jboss tools treats such things automatically or do I have to install the plugin, described here:

http://community.jboss.org/message/577979

• 1. endorsed libs not recognized
          nimo22

By the way, how can I set this topic as a "question" ? I cannot find the appropriate button/link to mark it as a question.

• 2. endorsed libs not recognized
            nickarls

nimo stephan wrote:

By the way, how can I set this topic as a "question" ? I cannot find the appropriate button/link to mark it as a question.

Checkbox near the thread actions when you create a new thread

• 3. endorsed libs not recognized
              maxandersen

it should be adding the right endorsed libs but maybe things changed for JBoss 6 we didn't react on.

Please open jira on this.

p.s. you should be able to edit the endorsed libs setup on the launch configuration available via the server editor.

• 4. Re: endorsed libs not recognized
                nimo22
                {quote}you should be able to edit the endorsed libs setup on the launch configuration available via the server editor.{quote}

I open the launch configuration:

I go to tab Arguments:

The right path was already there in "VM Arguments":

"-Djava.endorsed.dirs=C:\boss-6.1.0-SNAPSHOT\lib\endorsed"

I go to tab "Classpath":

Should I also go to tab "Classpath" and add the endorsed libs to the category "User Entries" ?

(Here I cannot find any endorsed libs which was added to the classpath.)