4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2011 5:05 AM by henk53

Issue in CR1 visual editor

henk53

I'm using the JBoss tools visual editor (richfaces) on Eclipse 3.6.1 using JBoss tools 3.2 CR1 on Mac OS X 10.6 64 bits.

I encountered a few small oddities. First of all, after I upgraded from Beta 2 and let Eclipse restart, I opened an .xhtml page and got an editor with no tabs. In this editor, tag completion worked, but I could not navigate into a tag. I checked the name of the editor was "JBoss Tools HTML Editor".

When I restarted Eclipse this morning, I suddenly got a slightly different look in the editor. This time there were tabs. I verified the name was still the same and it was. This is what the tabs look like:

osx64_visual_editor.png

This is by itself correct. Xulrunner and 64 bits just don't work together (except on Linux) and the fact that the editor now starts is perfect. But I wonder why the first time I didn't had these tabs and after the second restart they suddenly were there.

A few small things to consider here:

• Since Visual/Source and Preview is not available, it might be better to have Source as the default for this platform.
      • The message is not really informative. It's just the exception message. I foresee a lot of support questions from users that might be prevented by having a clear message here.
      • There is a link to the faq at the bottom, but it does not lead to any info about this situation.

Also strangely enough, I'm now able to navigate into tags, something I wasn't able to do before the second restart.