0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2011 1:37 PM by florian.kunz

Problems consuming remote JMS topic

florian.kunz

Hi there,

This is a JBoss Messaging/HornetQ interop issue, but the exception occurs on JBoss 5 side, so i decided to post here.

I've got the following setup running:

Server1: JBoss 5 host topic and an MDB that consumes from that topic

Server2: JBoss 6, MDB to remotely consume the topic from Server1

Both run on the same machine, therefore Server2 is started with jboss.service.binding.set=ports-01.

Before I get to the details my first question to all JBoss/JMS/MDB users is: What would you think is the best/easiest way to configure a setup like this? Is JCA (ResourceAdapter) the best possible way to connect different servers in a distributed JMS/Messaging environment? What alternatives are thinkable?

This is what I got at the moment:

I tried to set up the Server2 HornetQ resource adapter to connect to the Server1 JBoss Messaging server. I get the following exception on Server1 (JBoss 5):

18:58:09,095 ERROR [ServerThread] WorkerThread#1[127.0.0.1:61579] exception occurred during first invocation

java.io.IOException: Can not read data for version 0.  Supported versions: 1,2,22

at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.versionedRead(ServerThread.java:863)

at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.completeInvocation(ServerThread.java:707)

at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.processInvocation(ServerThread.java:697)

at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.dorun(ServerThread.java:524)

at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.run(ServerThread.java:232)

Config files (all on Server2):  

ra.xml

<config-property>

<description>The transport type</description>

<config-property-name>ConnectorClassName</config-property-name>

<config-property-type>java.lang.String</config-property-type>

<config-property-value>org.hornetq.core.remoting.impl.netty.NettyConnectorFactory</config-property-value>

</config-property>

<config-property>

<description>The transport configuration. These values must be in the form of key=val;key=val;</description>

<config-property-name>ConnectionParameters</config-property-name>

<config-property-type>java.lang.String</config-property-type>

<config-property-value>host=127.0.0.1;port=4457</config-property-value>

</config-property>

hornetq-configuration.xml

<connectors>

<connector name="netty">

<factory-class>org.hornetq.core.remoting.impl.netty.NettyConnectorFactory</factory-class>

</connector>

<connector name="netty-throughput">

<factory-class>org.hornetq.core.remoting.impl.netty.NettyConnectorFactory</factory-class>

<param key="host"  value="${jboss.bind.address:localhost}"/>

<param key="port"  value="${hornetq.remoting.netty.batch.port:5455}"/>

<param key="batch-delay" value="50"/>

</connector>

</connectors>