3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2011 10:21 AM by scabanovich

JSF composite component completion from jar

ronald.van.kuijk

Hi,

Currently I am doing a poc with CDI/Seam3, JSF2 and I am using JBoss Tools to demonstrate not only the 'power' of the two java frameworks, but also the advantage you get when using JBoss Tools with those. So far everything is going great, compliments for that.

There is only one thing I miss and that is completion of jsf composite components when they are in a separate jar. And with this I do not mean components that have a full .tld and/or taglib.xml and are implemented by (also) having java code, since that works. I'm talking about plain .xhtml components that do not require any file besides an (empty)  faces-config.xml file in the jar to work in JSF.

If I add a .taglib.xml to the jar with tagnames and a source element with each tag, JBoss Tools starts regcognizing the element names but not the attributes. If I add those too to the .taglib.xml file, the component stops working since it needs more info (class implementations) that are not there.

In a separate post I read:

JBoss Tools takes into account only resources in folder %web root folder%/resources, and it can only find the web root folder if the project is a Dynamic Web Project. JBoss Tools have no way to determine which other folders contribute to resources of deployed project.

Now this is true for something within the project, but not for external jars. Since JBoss Tools is capable of picking up .tld and .taglib.xml files AND it is capable of parsing composite components, to extract attributes etc (which was impressive btw, if you use descriptions etc...) This feature is not impossible to implement right?

Now it could be that I miss something and this already works or should work, or there is a way to create an working .tld and/or .taglib.xml file, then please let me know.

Cheers,

Ronald