6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2011 1:39 PM by aminmc

Console Server

aminmc

Hi

I would like to use the gwt-console-server in order to monitor and inspect workflow processes.  I understand there are RESTful urls to inspect process instances and get images (i'm not sure if this image indicates what the active nodes in the process are).  I have been trying to follow the discussion which shows how to integrate the console with standalone tomcat however I have come across some problems.  I have the following project structure for my workflow application:

src/main/resources/bpmn/...

src/main/resources/META-INF/orm.xml

src/main/resources/META-INF/persistence.xml

I copied over the necessary jars into the lib directory of my tomcat installation and updated my context.xml in the conf directory of my tomcat to be

<Resource name="jdbc/testDS1" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"

maxActive="15" maxIdle="2" maxWait="10000" logAbandoned="true"

username="sa" password="" driverClassName="org.h2.Driver"

url="jdbc:h2:tcp://localhost/JPADroolsFlow"/>

In the catalina.bat I have added the following:

-Djbpm.console.directory={location of the bpmn files}

I presume I don't need  guvnor running...

When I execute the following:

curl ... "http://localhost:8080/gwt-console-server/rs../instance/{1} (sorry I can't remember the full url) I get the following exception:

org.jboss.bpm.console.server.util.GWTJsonFilter.doFilter(GWTJsonFilter.java:59)

</pre></p><p><b>root cause</b> <pre>javax.persistence.PersistenceException: No Persistence provider for EntityManager named org.dr

ools.persistence.jpa

javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Persistence.java:56)

javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Persistence.java:34)

org.jbpm.integration.console.CommandDelegate.newStatefulKnowledgeSession(CommandDelegate.java:1

Am i following the right steps?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Amin

• 1. Console Server
          bpmn2user

It looks like you have not copied all the dependant jar files in TOMCAT_HOME/lib (Step 5 of http://community.jboss.org/thread/160572).

It might be missing one of the libraries such as hibernate-entitymanager-3.4.0.GA.jar

• 2. Re: Console Server
            aminmc

Hi

Thanks for your quick reply.  I'll give that a go.  Also I am correct in only providing the path of the bpmn file in the catalina bat file and not to have guvnor running for the console server? 

Thanks

Amin

• 3. Console Server
              bpmn2user

If you are using CR1, all you need to do is providing the path in catalina.bat

• 4. Re: Console Server
                aminmc

Hi

After sometime I managed to get the JNDI and console server connected however I've come across something else.  Firstly apologies if this is mentioned somewhere else but is it possible to use the methods available from the console to view the active nodes in a given process (as seen in the JBPM console in the documentation?) or do I need the console web application.

The issue I'm now facing is that when invoking  localhost:8080/gwt-server-console/../definitions I get the following exception:

</pre></p><p><b>root cause</b> <pre>java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not connect task client org.jbpm.process.workitem.wsht.CommandBasedWSHumanTaskHandler.connect(CommandBasedWSHumanTaskHandler.java:88)

org.jbpm.integration.console.CommandDelegate.newStatefulKnowledgeSession(CommandDelegate.java:145)

org.jbpm.integration.console.CommandDelegate.getSession(CommandDelegate.java:157)

Do I need to have a TaskService running?  My application doesn't use a TaskService and therefore I didn't think I needed a TaskService running.

Thanks again for the help!

Amin

• 5. Console Server
                  bpmn2user

Yes! You need to have the mina TaskService running.

• 6. Console Server
                    aminmc

Hi

Thanks for your reply...yes I finally got the console working but not 100% but I'll keep plugging away.  I think I;m missing BIRT as I can't seem to view the process images. 

Thanks

Amin