9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2011 3:44 AM by rusbob

Problem with installation of plug-in on linux

rusbob

Hello, all!

I can not do installation of the BMPN 2 plug-in in Eclipse.

(I tried:  OS - CentOS , Debian, Eclipse - 3.5 , 3.6, pre-instalation JBoss Tools). Anybody had a successfull experiences on Linux with BPMN 2.0 plug-in?

Thanks!

• 1. Problem with installation of plug-in on linux
          camel1cz

Hi Boris,

my installation seems to work correctly, the BMPN2 modeller inclusive. However I use the installer provided by jBPM5.

What is the problem?

My system is Ubuntu 10.04

• 2. Problem with installation of plug-in on linux
            rusbob

Hi, Kamil!

I not used a installer.

My main system - CentOs 5.5.

What version of eclipse are you use?

I through the menu Install soft  - did instalation  the JBoss tools, and after try install BPMN2.zip. But i not saw any jar files of plug-in in the Eclipse folders (plugin and features), and not saw the menu item BMPN diagram during creation files. But into the list of plugin the BPMN has status enabled . Strange. This is possible to do install of the plugin without jbpm5 installer?

Thanks!

• 3. Problem with installation of plug-in on linux
              camel1cz

Boris,

I/the installer uses Eclipse 3.6.1. I'm not eclipse expert, but from what I see from the ant build script, you need to download several files and extract them over eclipse installation.

The jBPM (modeller) package is jbpm-5.0-SNAPSHOT-eclipse-all.zip located here

I'm not sure about the dependencies however... the installer installs efm, efm transaction, gef and gmf as well. You can find the URLs easily, when you download the installer and look into build.xml and build.properties files respectively...

• 4. Problem with installation of plug-in on linux
                rusbob

Kamil!

I am too, i prefer  NetBeans.

I did it, but unsuccessfully. Do you have in preferences of Eclipse  - Installed JBPM Runtime?

• 5. Problem with installation of plug-in on linux
                  camel1cz

The "Installed jBPM runtime" list is there, but it's empty...

Have you tried to download all the components and extract them over the eclipse installation? It has to work.

• 6. Problem with installation of plug-in on linux
                    rusbob

Hello, Kamil!

I did installation from jbpm intsaller. (BUILD SUCCESSFUL Total time: 60 minutes 28 seconds - quickly :-)) But i could not to install a BPMN2 plug-in from *zip. In manual i read:  " A new BPMN2 Eclipse plugin is being created to support the full BPMN2 specification. It is currently still under development and only supports a limited number of constructs and attributes, but can already be used to create simple BPMN2 processes."
                    Did you install the BPMN2 plug-in? I want work on pure BPMN 2 notation. Becouse in current notation i not saw of cyclic and other activity. Do you know,  export from other BPM system  into JBPM is possible ?

I was able to setup the pure eclipse under current plug-in before.  I was did comparision instalation from ant :-).

i did installation from jbpm intsaller. (BUILD SUCCESSFUL
                    Total time: 60 minutes 28 seconds - quickly :-)) But i could not to install a BPMN2 plug-in from *zip.
                    Did you install the BPMN2 plug-in? I want work on pure BPMN 2 notation. Becouse in current notation i not saw of cyclic and other activity. Do you know,  export from other BPM system  into JBPM is possible ?

• 7. Problem with installation of plug-in on linux
                      camel1cz

Hi Boris,

I'm not sure, if you're looking for the same thing as I understand under "jBPM plugin"... I understand it as the BPMN2 process designer integrated into eclipse.

If it's what is shown on the sshot below, then the answer is yes, I have it installed... unfortunatelly, I don't know about other designers - even the webbased Oryx doesn't work on my setup (there are known compatibility issues with nearly all web browsers - IE does not and will not work, FF not, chrome, which should work also does not... I think, someone claimed, opera is OK?). I think, the webbased designer is a way to go, but it needs some more time...

Screenshot-Drools - SimpleTask-src-main-resources-Simple2.bpmn - Eclipse SDK .png

• 8. Problem with installation of plug-in on linux
                        krisverlaenen

Boris,

The plugin requires quite a few other plugins to be installed (for graphical editing of your processes) before it will show up.  In general, it is probably easier to use the installer to download and install everything you need (note that you can point it to your own eclipse installation so you don't need to download and reinstall that).

Kris

• 9. Problem with installation of plug-in on linux
                          rusbob

Hello, Kris!

I run  the installer. After i tried to install  the BPMN.2.0 (http://planet.jboss.org/post/eclipsing_bpmn_2_0). It was unsuccesfull. Why?

I  want use: the call external WS through partner links, cyclic construction (while, for each)  . These features are included into BPMN 2 standart. This is possibly?

Thanks!