2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2011 4:39 AM by kudlaty15

Jndi name of persistence unit (persistence.xml)

kudlaty15

I am using Jboss EJB3/JPA integration to get Hibernate SessionFactory object defined in persistence.xml. I am able to inject SessionFactory to EJB by annotation @PersistenceUnit. But I have to use SessionFactory in one servlet. Here the problems begin. Injection to servlet not working and I cannot use spring injection becouse of the application architecture. Then in jboss logs I saw that automatically server bind SessionFactory described in persistence.xml to JNDI. So I can get SessionFactory object by InitialContext.lookup() and it's work. The problem is in name of the JNDI. Jboss automatically assign unacceptable and ugly name like: INFO [SessionFactoryObjectFactory] Bound factory to JNDI name: persistence.unit:unitName=my_application.ear/my_application-service-1.1.2-JBOSS-SNAPSHOT.jar#hibernateUnitMyApplication. The name is very long and contains for example name and versions of jar and more unnecessary information. The question is HOW I CAN CHANGE THIS NAME? I know that I can use properties like: <property name="jboss.entity.manager.jndi.name" value="java:/Manager1"/> or <property name="jboss.entity.manager.factory.jndi.name" value="java:/Manager1Factory"/> in persistence.xml file to create global JNDI of my persistence unit. This solution is not satisfactory becouse the InitialContext.lookup returns EntityManager object while I want SessionFactory:( Please help:)

On this website You can read about cool Jboss EJB/JPA integration - http://bill.burkecentral.com/2007/07/06/co-existence-with-hibernate-jpa-and-ejb3

Correction - I have to use SessionFactory object in POJO:) That POJO class use servlet so getting SessionFactory can be "done at two levels" - servlet or pojo.

Jboss AS 5.1:)