2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2011 10:32 PM by gustavo1376

Multiple jboss instances with remote access

gustavo1376

Hello.

I need to start 2 instances of jboss on my machine, one of them accesible from other pc's.

Using the multiple IP approach, i start one instance with -b 127.0.0.1 and the other with -b 0.0.0.0

This is because i want that the second instance to be accesible from other pc's.

But i get the following error:

ERROR [org.jboss.kernel.plugins.dependency.AbstractKernelController] (main) Error installing to Start: name=jboss:service=WebService state=Create mode=Manual requiredState=Installedjava.lang.Exception: Port 8083 already in use.

Followed by a big stacktrace.

Anyone knows why does it happen and what would be the solution to have more than one instance one of which is accesible from other machines ?

Thanks a lot,Gustavo.

• 1. Multiple jboss instances with remote access
          peterj

When you use the IP address 0.0.0.0, JBoss AS connects to all IP address on the machine, including localhost. Therefore, you will run into port conflicts. Try using "-b xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"  instead, where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address of the machine. Note that when you do that you will not have localhost access to that server.

The only other possibility is to use different port numbers.

• 2. Multiple jboss instances with remote access
            gustavo1376

Hi Peter, thanks for your help.

I didn't know that with 0.0.0.0 al IPs are used on the machine.

Now is clear to me that there would be conflicts.

I followed your suggestion and assigned the IP of the machine to the jboss instance that would be accessed remotely, and 127.0.0.1 to the other instance.

Now everything works fine !

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Gustavo.