7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2011 11:51 AM by arjunp

How to get my process (workflow) in jbpm-console

arjunp

Hi,

I just installed the Jbpm and ran the demo.start as per the doumentation. Now I have created a hello world process app in eclipse. Now i want to see that process in http://localhost:8080/jbpm-console. What are the steps i should do?

Thanks.

• 1. How to get my process (workflow) in jbpm-console
          garyp

which version of jBPM and JBoss Tools are you using?     I'm using jBPM3 and the beta of Jboss Tools 4..    I bring up the process definition XML in the Eclipse process editor and click the menu for deploy process..     If you are using the previous version I believe there is a deploy process button on the deployment tab in the process editor..   Should be described in the tooling docs somewhere (don't have that in front of me so I can't quite it)

Good luck

Gary

• 2. How to get my process (workflow) in jbpm-console
            pawel.gutowski

If you followed with the quick demo installation instructions (User Guide for jbpm 4.4), you already have an eclipse with the project "examples" installed.

There is a special deploy ant task defined in the build.xml file, inside the "examples" project.

When you run this task in the ant plugin of eclipse you will notice that all of the example processes are redeployed. Cince then you can see their never versions in the jbpm-console.

Try to develop your own process next to existinge example ones and run this deploy-task again - After that your new process will be visible in jbpm-console.

• 3. Re: How to get my process (workflow) in jbpm-console
              arjunp

Thanks Gary, I am using JBPM 5.0 CR1 and latest jboss. As per the documentation the ant script downloads the all necessary softwares including eclipse. I dont see the the deployment tab in process editor. Could you please tell how to get it in Eclipse?

• 4. How to get my process (workflow) in jbpm-console
                arjunp

Thanks Pawel, I am using JBPM 5.0 CR1 in which there is a sample app called "evaluation". the ant script loads the eclipse and opens the project. But i dont' see any deployment tab.  How to get that deployment tab pls.

• 5. Re: How to get my process (workflow) in jbpm-console
                  pawel.gutowski

Arjun, I described the solution for 4.4, I don't know how it is organised in 5.0.CR1.

• 6. How to get my process (workflow) in jbpm-console
                    krisverlaenen

jBPM5 will be using a process repository for deployment.  The jbpm-console will just get the latest process definitions from there.  Unfortunately, this integration was not yet completed in CR1, so we're using a shortcut there to make sure you can still use the jbpm-console.  We use the system property jbpm.console.directory to get the location where to load processes from.  If you're using the installer, this automatically refers to the jbpm-installer/sample/evaluation/src/main/resources.  So any process you drop there should also show up in the console.

I'll do a blog about the process repository in the next few days, as the integration has recently been completed.

Kris

• 7. How to get my process (workflow) in jbpm-console
                      arjunp

Thanks Kris.

I copied my sample.bpmn file under bpm-installer/sample/evaluation/src/main/resources folder and restarted demo.start. (since it manges the jboss and taks services start and stop) I am not able to see that listed in the console. Any idea what could be the reason please.