3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2011 12:20 PM by justin.l

jBPM 4.2 - 4.4 Upgrade Issue

justin.l

Hi Experts,

Anyone has any idea why i am getting this below exception. I am trying to get the Process Engine from Confuguration in my application. My schema contains this table  JBPM4_EXECUTION. Can anyone please help me.

org.jbpm.api.JbpmException: no jBPM DB schema: no JBPM4_EXECUTION table.   Run the create.jbpm.schema target first in the install tool.

at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.cmd.CheckDbCmd.execute(CheckDbCmd.java:50)

at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.svc.DefaultCommandService.execute(DefaultCommandService.java:42)

at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.tx.StandardTransactionInterceptor.execute(StandardTransactionInterceptor.java:50)

at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.svc.EnvironmentInterceptor.executeInNewEnvironment(EnvironmentInterceptor.java:53)

at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.svc.EnvironmentInterceptor.execute(EnvironmentInterceptor.java:40)

at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.svc.RetryInterceptor.execute(RetryInterceptor.java:56)

at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.svc.SkipInterceptor.execute(SkipInterceptor.java:43)

at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.processengine.ProcessEngineImpl.checkDb(ProcessEngineImpl.java:152)

at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.processengine.ProcessEngineImpl.<init>(ProcessEngineImpl.java:105)

at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.cfg.ConfigurationImpl.instantiateProcessEngine(ConfigurationImpl.java:100)

at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.cfg.ConfigurationImpl.buildProcessEngine(ConfigurationImpl.java:92)

at org.jbpm.api.Configuration.buildProcessEngine(Configuration.java:110)

Thanks!

• 1. jBPM 4.2 - 4.4 Upgrade Issue
          justin.l

Hi

Can anyone please guide me how to fix this. Is this a bug in jBPM4.4.?

Thanks

• 2. jBPM 4.2 - 4.4 Upgrade Issue
            fabianpc

Hi,

The install script is also capable of performing database operations such as creating the schema, if you are installing jBPM for the first time,

or upgrading the database used with a previous version to the current schema. Dropping the schema is an option as well.

To create the schema, run target create.jbpm.schema in the ${jbpm.home}/install directory.

To drop the schema, simply run target drop.jbpm.schema. Be aware that this operation will destroy any data present in the jBPM tables.

The prerrequisite for any database operation is to specify your database connection parameters in ${jbpm.home}/install/jdbc and

the JDBC driver jar(s) for your database should also be included in the path.

MySQL, PostgreSQL and HSQLDB are in the distribution. But the Oracle driver you have to download separately from the oracle site since we're

not allowed to redistribute that file.

Greetings

• 3. jBPM 4.2 - 4.4 Upgrade Issue
              justin.l

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I am using the database with the version jBPM 4.2. To upgrade to 4.4, i ran the scripts which are in the folder

'upgrade-4.1-to-4.2' that came with jBPM 4.4 package. is it the correct way of upgrading the schema?

I dont want to create new 4.4 schema as i already have 4.2 schema and just want to upgrade it to 4.4 by running  some upgrade scripts.

Can you pleae guide me where to find these upgrade scripts in ${jbpm.home}/ directory.

Why 4.4 is throwing an exception though the schema has the table 'JBPM4_EXECUTION'?

Thanks!