1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2013 9:22 PM by knarayanan123 Go to original post
      • 15. Re: The replacement of system properties in *-ds.xml is done only for elements of string value type
        rhanus

yeah great it finally works !!! thank you very much !

<item whenRequired="Parse">istep:type=Properties,name=SystemProperties</item>

was the last step on the "deploying of myapp.ear/my-ds.xml with ${max-pool-size}" journey :-)

looking back on the interesting evolution of this forum thread there are a plenty of usefull hints which may be worth noting in a separate wiki article

I'm willing to write it down

btw why whenRequired="Parse" ?

Parse is a deployment stage but whenRequired attribute representation in DependencyItemMetaData class is a controller state ?

public class DependencyItemMetaData implements Serializable {

private Object value;
           private ControllerState whenRequired = ControllerState.DESCRIBED;
           private ControllerState dependentState;

• 16. Re: The replacement of system properties in *-ds.xml is done only for elements of string value type
          alesj
          <item whenRequired="Parse">istep:type=Properties,name=SystemProperties</item>

was the last step on the "deploying of myapp.ear/my-ds.xml with ${max-pool-size}" journey :-)

looking back on the interesting evolution of this forum thread there are a plenty of usefull hints which may be worth noting in a separate wiki article

I'm willing to write it down

Yeah, that would be very helpful!

Post the link here once you're done.

btw why whenRequired="Parse" ?

Parse is a deployment stage but whenRequired attribute representation in DependencyItemMetaData class is a controller state ?

public class DependencyItemMetaData implements Serializable {

private Object value;
             private ControllerState whenRequired = ControllerState.DESCRIBED;
             private ControllerState dependentState;

DeploymentStage is just more natural representation of MC state wrt deployments.

It eventually gets turned into ControllerState, but that's impl detail.

• 17. Re: The replacement of system properties in *-ds.xml is done only for elements of string value type
            rhanus
            Yeah, that would be very helpful!

Post the link here once you're done

I plan to describe the pitfall while deploying system properties and using them inside both j2ee and jboss deployment descriptors of custom deployments

then emphasize ds-xml, recent fixes in connector and finally necessary changes in both jboss core config (dependency-deployers-jboss-beans.xml) and deployment (META-INF\jboss-dependency.xml)

• 18. Re: The replacement of system properties in *-ds.xml is done only for elements of string value type
              knarayanan123

I use JBOSS 6.1.0.Final . I am having the same issue,

- I would like to use <max-pool-size>${jdbc.maxPoolSize}</max-pool-size> in /jbossi-6/server/default/deploy/my-ds.xml

- It ends up with maxPoolSize == 0

It works(maxPoolSize =5) when I give <max-pool-size>5</max-pool-size> in deploy/my-ds.xml. I tried the suggestions that were mentioned in this forum, I don't find any success with adding to jboss-service.xml and dependency-deployers-jboss-beans.xml

On the otherhand the same thing works fine in JBOSS4.2 without any changes. Any idea  on why this is not working? We have many ear files, so we like to change in a common place.

Any help is much aprreciated. Thank you.

1 2 Previous Next