2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2011 5:55 AM by elhanan

how can i create a REGULAR java application launcher for jboss?

elhanan

the reason i wanna do this is becuse i wanna reverse engineer our appp with http://diver.sourceforge.net/ which can do so with java applications

• 1. Re: how can i create a REGULAR java application launcher for jboss?
          maxandersen

Diver looks pretty interesting but unfortunately it does not seem to work on OSX thus I can't install to investigate easily.

But I can tell you what I would try

First I would try to Open your Server from servers view, click "Open launch configuration" and see if the "Diver launch tab" isn't already just there and you can enable it.

Secondly I would figure out what that diver launch tab actually does, but Diver does not in their docs explain *how* they do this but my guess is that they use a a javaagent of some sort thus it should just be a matter of specifying these options in the Server's launch configuration. To find out how that is done simply launch a normal java app with the tracing enabled, go to the Debug view and right click on the launched process and select "Properties" - in here you should be able to see the command line arguments and see what are Diver specific. Then you can go back to option A and specify these thing manually.

Thirdly, fall back to do this completely manually and simply setup a launch configuration similar to what is in the server editor - the classpath and the classname used.

• 2. Re: how can i create a REGULAR java application launcher for jboss?
            elhanan

actually i did something very similar ,the server launch tab doesn't contain diver

, i tried first of all to launch jboss as a java application, i allready opened the properties, and it is a javaagent:

i went by this forum : https://sourceforge.net/projects/diver/forums/forum/1000352/topic/3763544

the problems is i don't know the jars and classpath settings to specify as the server config is able to specify a special jar for starting up.