1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 4, 2011 1:49 PM by k1nghg0

Deployment problem of the jBPM database schema

k1nghg0

Hi,

I am trying to get jBPM 4.4 running with a MySQL database version 5.5.8.

I changed {jbpm-home}\install\jdbc\mysql.properties and called

"ant -Ddatabase=mysql create.jbpm.schema", but the follwing error occurs during creating the schema:

[java] 06:54:33,538 INF | [DbHelper] --- Executing DB Commands -------------------------
      [java] 06:54:33,538 INF | [DbHelper] create table JBPM4_DEPLOYMENT (
      [java]         DBID_ bigint not null,
      [java]         NAME_ longtext,
      [java]         TIMESTAMP_ bigint,
      [java]         STATE_ varchar(255),
      [java]         primary key (DBID_)
      [java]     ) type=InnoDB
      [java] 06:54:33,560 WRN | [JDBCExceptionReporter] SQL Error: 1064, SQLState: 42000
      [java] 06:54:33,560 SEV | [JDBCExceptionReporter] You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'type=InnoDB' at line 7
      [java] org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not execute native bulk manipulation query
      [java]      at org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert(SQLStateConverter.java:90)

It would be nice, if somebody could tell what I did wrong.

Where can I find the plain sql-scripts without using ant and create.jbpm.schema?

Thanks and regards

• 1. Re: Deployment problem of the jBPM database schema
          k1nghg0

Now I found the solution. Since MySQL Version 5.5 the command "type" was changed in "engine". At the end of each create-table-command in the sql-script jbpm.mysql.create.sql you'll find "... type=InnoDB;". This has to be changed to "...engine=InnoDB" to create the database schema for jbpm 4.4.