0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2010 8:04 AM by peterbasutkar

Custom handling  for complete task event(Global for all tasks for all processes)

peterbasutkar

Hi All

Requirement : Custom Handling for Task Complete Event.

Description : I am using jbpm 3.2.6 and I have a requirement where I  want to do some custom handling while completing the task , but at the same time I don’t want to add a custom TaskHandler or TaskController for taskCompletionEvent in the ProcessDefinition since I would have the overhead of specifying the following in every ProcessDefinition for every task

<task name="CustomControllerExample">

<controller class="com.yourcom.CustomControllerHandler">

-- here goes your task controller handler configuration --

</controller>

</task>

In other words I want to change the behavior of the jbpm server for handling all tasks completion. So is there any way that the jbpm server can call my java code for every task completion event?.

I found that I could achieve the same by adding my code in submitVariables() method of TaskInstance Class, but then I have to change the core jbpm code which I don’t want to do. As far as possible I want to use jbpm plugable configuration. I guess I could also do the same by creating my own task management  module and specify it in the jbpm configuration file, but that would be a lot of change for just one line of custom code that I want to insert.

Dose any one have any suggestion to do this?