3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2010 9:35 AM by rajiff

having jBPM call PHP or similar code?

goir

hey,

im currently looking into jBPM and trying to evaluate different systems. But i cant seem to find any information about how and if its even possible to execute php or any other code as an action except java.
      Is there a way in doing it, i've been googleing since 2 days an nothing really usefull.
      If anyone has an example or an hint what i can search for, i would really appreciate it.

thanks in advance
      Goir

• 1. Re: having jBPM call PHP or similar code?
          jbarrez

You can't directly call another language from Java (unless you're using JNA). That is not a limitation of Java, but of programming languages in general.
          You can however use any scripting language supported by the JVM.

If that is a problem, you could write the php could, put a remote facade in front of it and call it from Java using webservice/REST/RPC/... technology.

• 2. Re: having jBPM call PHP or similar code?
            kukeltje

And maybe http://www.caucho.com/resin-3.1/doc/quercus.xtp is interesting... not sure how it would fit in though... might be that you could make it pluggable for jBPM4

• 3. Re: having jBPM call PHP or similar code?
              rajiff

@Joram Barrez

I see your reply in 2009, since then are there any further development or better ways to do this? i.e., "If that is a problem, you could write the php could, put a remote facade  in front of it and call it from Java using webservice/REST/RPC/...  technology."

Could you please provide some more pointers/link/example/docs to do this (using JBPM with webservices/REST/RPC calls)

Thanks

Basav