3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2010 5:28 AM by mdrg

JBoss AS 4.2 Server Adapter

mdrg

Hello,

I'm developing a project for some time, and now I grew tired of lengthy deployments every time I do some change. I tried to use JBoss Tools before, but I had no success in a short timeframe, so I gave up, but now I'm decided to make it work, and use exploded/incremental deployment. As I read, Archiver could do the job, but it requires a lot of configs, so I prefer something more automated, like the server adapers, which are recommended. I want the 4.2 server adapter, as I can only choose between 4.0 and 4.2 in our host provider.

I was using Eclipse 3.6, but I see the compatible release is still beta, so I downloaded Eclipse 3.5 and the latest GA Tools (JBoss AS Tools 2.1.1.v201006011046R only, as I need none of the other tools). I put the feateres and plugins files in place, but the server adapters didn't show up. I used the update site to install all Eclipse dev tools from WTP 3.1.2, but still nothing.

I feel bad for asking for such simple question, but the server adapters simply do not show up (I only have 'JBoss' adapters, not 'JBoss Community').

What am I missing to get started on this?

Any help is welcome!

Thanks!

• 1. Re: JBoss AS 4.2 Server Adapter
          maxandersen

I put the feateres and plugins files in place, but the server adapters didn't show up.

Since you write:

I put the feateres and plugins files in place, but the server adapters didn't show up.

My guess is that you didn't use the install correctly - the zips are updatesites not something you can unzip into eclipse and assume it will work automatically.

Remove the plugins you inserted "raw" and instead use the updatesite directly or use the zips as updatesites

That should bring your the servers you want.

• 2. Re: JBoss AS 4.2 Server Adapter
            mdrg

Hi Max,

Well, I still think they are... I went here: http://www.jboss.org/tools/download/stable/3_1_GA.html

And then downloaded 'JBoss AS Tools'. 3Mb, with features and plugins folder, as other plugins I've installed before.

But still, I may have made something wrong, and that Eclipse install is empty, so I'll delete it and this time install Tools from site only (I usually avoided that, takes much longer to download).

I'll try it later today, and post the results.

Thanks for your help.

• 3. Re: JBoss AS 4.2 Server Adapter
              mdrg

Ok, somehow I messed it up... I picked just JBoss AS Tools from the Eclipse updatesite and it was all right, the adapters are there.

I'm still moving my projects to Galileo and trying to fix the config issues, but I guess it will go smoothly from here.

Thanks for the tip Max, and sorry about the dumb question.