6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2010 12:28 PM by jaikiran

@DependsOn and @Singleton Bean in EJB3.1 using jboss 6.0 CR1

aravindsk

I am not sure about the usage but i could not use it like this( @Singleton(DependsOn="SomeSingletonBean") i get compilation error  and also tried to use @DepdendsOn after @Singleton declaration.

when i use

@Singleton

@DependsOn(SingletonProcessBean2)

publilc class SingletonProcessBean1

{

///

}

I get the following error. please advice.

Deployment "<UNKNOWN jboss.j2ee:jar=javaee6-app.war,name=BobWireFTPProcessBean,service=EJB3>" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** UNRESOLVED Demands 'jboss.j2ee:jar=javaee6-app.war,name=FtpServerPojo,service=EJB3' **, ** UNRESOLVED Demands 'jndi:FtpServerPojo/no-interface' **
        Deployment "jndi:BobWireFTPProcessBean/no-interface" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jndi:BobWireFTPProcessBean/no-interface' **
      at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.checkComplete(DeployersImpl.java:1228) [:2.2.0.Alpha8]
      at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.checkComplete(MainDeployerImpl.java:905) [:2.2.0.Alpha8]
      at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.deployers.MainDeployerPlugin.checkComplete(MainDeployerPlugin.java:87) [:6.0.0.20101110-CR1]
      at org.jboss.profileservice.deployment.ProfileDeployerPluginRegistry.checkAllComplete(ProfileDeployerPluginRegistry.java:118) [:0.1.0.Alpha1]
      at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.bootstrap.BasicProfileServiceBootstrap.start(BasicProfileServiceBootstrap.java:133) [:6.0.0.20101110-CR1]
      at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.bootstrap.BasicProfileServiceBootstrap.start(BasicProfileServiceBootstrap.java:56) [:6.0.0.20101110-CR1]
      at org.jboss.bootstrap.impl.base.server.AbstractServer.startBootstraps(AbstractServer.java:827) [jboss-bootstrap-impl-base.jar:2.1.0-alpha-5]
      at org.jboss.bootstrap.impl.base.server.AbstractServer$StartServerTask.run(AbstractServer.java:417) [jboss-bootstrap-impl-base.jar:2.1.0-alpha-5]
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619) [:1.6.0_13]

Deployment "<UNKNOWN jboss.j2ee:jar=javaee6-app.war,name=SingletonProcessBean1,service=EJB3>" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** UNRESOLVED Demands 'jboss.j2ee:jar=javaee6-app.war,name=SingletonProcessBean2,service=EJB3' **, ** UNRESOLVED Demands 'jndi:SingletonProcessBean2/no-interface' **

Deployment "jndi:SingletonProcessBean1/no-interface" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jndi:SingletonProcessBean2/no-interface' **

at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.checkComplete(DeployersImpl.java:1228) [:2.2.0.Alpha8]

at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.checkComplete(MainDeployerImpl.java:905) [:2.2.0.Alpha8]

at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.deployers.MainDeployerPlugin.checkComplete(MainDeployerPlugin.java:87) [:6.0.0.20101110-CR1]

at org.jboss.profileservice.deployment.ProfileDeployerPluginRegistry.checkAllComplete(ProfileDeployerPluginRegistry.java:118) [:0.1.0.Alpha1]

at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.bootstrap.BasicProfileServiceBootstrap.start(BasicProfileServiceBootstrap.java:133) [:6.0.0.20101110-CR1]

at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.bootstrap.BasicProfileServiceBootstrap.start(BasicProfileServiceBootstrap.java:56) [:6.0.0.20101110-CR1]

at org.jboss.bootstrap.impl.base.server.AbstractServer.startBootstraps(AbstractServer.java:827) [jboss-bootstrap-impl-base.jar:2.1.0-alpha-5]

at org.jboss.bootstrap.impl.base.server.AbstractServer$StartServerTask.run(AbstractServer.java:417) [jboss-bootstrap-impl-base.jar:2.1.0-alpha-5]

• 1. Re: @DependsOn and @Singleton Bean in EJB3.1 using jboss 6.0 CR1
          jaikiran

aravind kopparthi wrote:

I am not sure about the usage

The EJB3.1 spec, section 4.8.1 has the details.

aravind kopparthi wrote:

but i could not use it like this( @Singleton(DependsOn="SomeSingletonBean") i get compilation error 

That's not how it's supposed to be used. The correct way is:

@Singleton
          @DependsOn("OtherSingletonBeanName")
          public class SingletonOne
          {

aravind kopparthi wrote:

when i use

@Singleton

@DependsOn(SingletonProcessBean2)

{

///

}

I get the following error. please advice.

Deployment "<UNKNOWN jboss.j2ee:jar=javaee6-app.war,name=BobWireFTPProcessBean,service=EJB3>" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** UNRESOLVED Demands 'jboss.j2ee:jar=javaee6-app.war,name=FtpServerPojo,service=EJB3' **, ** UNRESOLVED Demands 'jndi:FtpServerPojo/no-interface' **
            Deployment "jndi:BobWireFTPProcessBean/no-interface" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jndi:BobWireFTPProcessBean/no-interface' **

Deployment "<UNKNOWN jboss.j2ee:jar=javaee6-app.war,name=SingletonProcessBean1,service=EJB3>" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** UNRESOLVED Demands 'jboss.j2ee:jar=javaee6-app.war,name=SingletonProcessBean2,service=EJB3' **, ** UNRESOLVED Demands 'jndi:SingletonProcessBean2/no-interface' **

Deployment "jndi:SingletonProcessBean1/no-interface" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jndi:SingletonProcessBean2/no-interface' **

I assume that the code is just a pseudo code since it's not going to compile. What does the SingletonProcessBean2 look like? Please post the real code of both SingletonProcessBean1 and SingletonProcessBean2. Also please post the console logs that you see when you start deploying your application.

• 2. Re: @DependsOn and @Singleton Bean in EJB3.1 using jboss 6.0 CR1
            aravindsk

@Singleton

@DependsOn("SingletonProcessBean2")

{

@PostConstruct

public void init(){

// trying to connect to the service that has been initialized in SingletonProcessBean2's PostConstruct

}

}

@Singleton

publilc class SingletonProcessBean2{

@PostConstruct

public void init()

{

//initialize Service;

}

}

• 3. Re: @DependsOn and @Singleton Bean in EJB3.1 using jboss 6.0 CR1
              jaikiran

Are they part of the same jar? If you have a simple failing deployment, then please create EJBTHREE JIRA and attach the application there. By the way, there have been changes in this area after 6.0 CR1 was released, so it might have been fixed in trunk. But it's better to get to the root of the issue.

• 4. Re: @DependsOn and @Singleton Bean in EJB3.1 using jboss 6.0 CR1
                aravindsk

thanks i will do that, i will try testing on trunk version or wait till next week for the final release. .

• 5. Re: @DependsOn and @Singleton Bean in EJB3.1 using jboss 6.0 CR1
                  aravindsk

i don't see any create new issue link in here. could you please assist me in create a JIRA

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/EJBTHREE/

• 6. Re: @DependsOn and @Singleton Bean in EJB3.1 using jboss 6.0 CR1
                    jaikiran

You'll have to login to JIRA first. And once you are logged in, there's a "Create Issue" link/icon on the top right hand corner of the page here https://issues.jboss.org/browse/EJBTHREE