1 2 Previous Next 26 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2011 3:45 PM by salaboy21 Go to original post
      • 15. Re: jbpm5 training courses
        odelyaholiday

So again what is the advantage of jBPM5 if I can execute the process and design than in BPMN2.0 in both?

• 16. Re: jbpm5 training courses
          salaboy21

For what I've heard the main advantage is that for future releases you can get official support. No difference in features.

Right now jBPM5 is in the first releases. If you enter in the drools IRC channel you will see a topic that explains this situation:

"#Drools Drools Flow is being refactored for the jBPM5 release. On release jBPM5 should be the same, or almost the same, as the final refactored Drools Flow. Users should use Drools Flow for now, until we say further. But feel free to look at jBPM5 too, if you are intrigued, just bear in mind it's a work in progress."

I hope that explains the current status.

Greetings

• 17. Re: jbpm5 training courses
            odelyaholiday

Well, I am afraid that Drool Flow will not continue to be developed while jBPM will.

Will there be a way to migrate from Drools Flow to jBPM5?

• 18. Re: jbpm5 training courses
              salaboy21

Yes, that's the idea. There will be an easy migration path. Because you will be using BPMN2.0 processes and the execution framework will be too similar you will not need to do major changes in your application to migrate.

Greetings.

• 19. Re: jbpm5 training courses
                eschabell

+1

• 20. Re: jbpm5 training courses
                  odelyaholiday

I think that another difference is that DroolsFlow produces RuleFlow XML while jBPM produces BPMN2.0 xml.

can one convert from RuleFlow XML to BPEL?

• 21. Re: jbpm5 training courses
                    hifly81

odelya because you must strat from scratch, my suggestion is to focus on jbpm 5.

Soon the official doc of jbpm 5 will be available and complete, meanwhile as I said before you can use drools flow docs.

Believe me there is no gap (or minimum) between flow and jbpm5.

Don't panic :-)

• 22. Re: jbpm5 training courses
                      odelyaholiday

Can I rely on the docs to execute programs? When do you plan jBPM5 to be completed?

• 23. Re: jbpm5 training courses
                        salaboy21

This is a community project.. you should ask for version releases. Of course you can rely on documents, forums and mailing list to create your applications.  As I mention in my previous reply jBPM5 is under development so you must be aware that some changes before the release will happen.

• 24. Re: jbpm5 training courses
                          krisverlaenen

Just to make sure we're all on the same page:  jBPM5 is based on the best of both jBPM3/4 and Drools Flow (and we tried to make sure we didn't miss any important features so it should be better than any its predecessors ;)).  The biggest difference will be the use of BPMN2 (while both jBPM4 and Drools Flow already had some BPMN2 capabilities, jBPM5 is the first version that really focusses on it).

It will become the new supported BPM solution (meaning it will replace jBPM3/4 and Drools Flow in time).  A first community release will be ready by the end of this year.  Productization will take place during 2011, and official training will probably not be offered before that time, but as you can see, the community might be able to help out there.

Hope that clear up everything for everyone

Kris

• 25. Re: jbpm5 training courses
                            jonathan.labin

Kris Verlaenen wrote:

It will become the new supported BPM solution (meaning it will replace jBPM3/4 and Drools Flow in time).

Will jBPM5 be replacing all of the pieces of the Drools family (including Guvnor, Expert, Fusion, and Planner) or only Drools Flow?  Will the Drools community be kept up to date as the concepts inherited from Drools Flow are evolved by jBPM?

• 26. Re: jbpm5 training courses
                              salaboy21

Hi Jonathan,

jBPM5 will only replace Drools Flow.. indeed it has the same concepts. Drools flow will not exist anymore, and all the code base from it was rebranded to jBPM5.

You don't need to worry about that. Hope it helps!

Greetings

1 2 Previous Next