2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2010 8:54 AM by mpradny

Does JBPM5 support class loading from database

mpradny

We are currently using JBPM4, but since we want to move to BPMN 2.0 in near future, I'm looking at JBPM5 and Activiti. Due to some limitations in our architecture I need classloading from database, so I don't have to restart our process engine with new process versions and also host different versions of processes.

Does JBPM5 currently support it? I'm little bit lost in the knowledgbase construct, but I haven't found it in current documentation anyway.

Activiti it in current release doesn't support, but I have found a feature request that may address it in future.

Thanks

Martin.

• 1. Re: Does JBPM5 support class loading from database
          krisverlaenen

You can specify the classloader that needs to be used.  Would that solve your issue?

For example:

KnowledgeBuilderConfiguration config = KnowledgeBuilderFactory.newKnowledgeBuilderConfiguration(properties, classloaders);

KnowledgeBuilder kbuilder = KnowledgeBuilderFactory.newKnowledgeBuilder(config);

... // add processes here

• 2. Re: Does JBPM5 support class loading from database
            mpradny

But this defines classloader when I start the process engine. Am I correct? So I would need to create own classloader that reads process information and finds required versions of classes. In JBPM4.4 I just deploy jpdl file that has process xml and classes inside and then the process engine uses classes from right process version.

This is still better that nothing, if there is a way how the classloader can find which version of class it should use.