1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 1, 2010 7:27 PM by jnovotny

how to debug deployment issues

jnovotny

Hi,

After migrating from Jboss 4.2.3GA to JBoss 5.1.0GA I get these errors:

DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:
         Deployment "persistence.unit:unitName=persistence.xml#emCore" is in  error due to the following reason(s):  java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Null file
         Deployment  "jboss.j2ee:jar=mach_EJB.jar,name=TariffCheckReminderJob,service=EJB3"  is in error due to the following reason(s):  org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: MessagingType  'org.quartz.Job' not found in resource deployment  jboss.jca:service=RARDeployment,name='jms-ra.rar'

I can't for the life of me figure out how to debug the  problem. I've even tried to import JBoss source code into my IDE but  then there are third party JBoss source jar files that I dive into and  the errors are very unfriendly. What file is null? Why is MessagingType  not found in resource deployment? I specified

@MessageDriven(activationConfig = {
          @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "cronTrigger", propertyValue =  "0 0 10 ? * FRI")
      })
      @ResourceAdapter("quartz-ra.rar")

public class TariffCheckReminderJob implements Job {

which worked fine under 4.2.3...

Also, I set all Threshold entries to TRACE in server/default/conf/log4j.xml but still not seeing any debug entries... is there something else I must do?

Thanks a lot, Jason

• 1. Re: how to debug deployment issues
          jnovotny

Ok I managed to resolve these issues... the file not found seemed to occur because I put persistence.xml in the top leve lof the JAR  file by accident and not in META-INF/persistence.xml where it belongs... the logging could really use some improvement! :-)

As far as MessagingType 'org.quartz.job' I discpvered that when migrating to Jboss 5 I needed to replace the annotation imports using the Jboss 5 ejb-annotations jars.

Thanks!