1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 22, 2010 5:19 AM by dpalmer

Maven plugin classpath woes

dpalmer

Hi

I am currently trying to move the JBoss ESB build from ant to maven. In the ant build we use the aopc ant task modify an external jar (which is one of the project dependencies); I am having problems replicating this with the maven aop plugin. I have the maven plugin configured as follows:

<plugin>
              <groupId>org.jboss.maven.plugins</groupId>
              <artifactId>maven-jbossaop-plugin</artifactId>
              <version>2.1.3.GA</version>
              <executions>
                <execution>
                  <id>compile</id>
                  <configuration>
                    <aoppaths>
                      <aoppath>src/main/resources/jboss-aop.xml</aoppath>
                    </aoppaths>
                    <classPath>${project.build.outputDirectory}:${maven.plugin.classpath}:${maven.compile.classpath}</classPath>
                    <includeProjectDependency>true</includeProjectDependency>
                    <includes>
                      <include>com/eviware/soapui/impl/wsdl/support/wsdl/WsdlContext\$Loader.class</include>
                    </includes>
                  </configuration>
                  <goals>
                    <goal>compile</goal>
                  </goals>
                </execution>
              </executions>
            </plugin>

<plugin>

<groupId>org.jboss.maven.plugins</groupId>

<artifactId>maven-jbossaop-plugin</artifactId>

<version>2.1.3.GA</version>

<executions>

<execution>

<id>compile</id>

<configuration>

<aoppaths>

<aoppath>src/main/resources/jboss-aop.xml</aoppath>

</aoppaths>

<includeProjectDependency>true</includeProjectDependency>

<includes>

<include>com/eviware/soapui/impl/wsdl/support/wsdl/WsdlContext\$Loader.class</include>

</includes>

</configuration>

<goals>

<goal>compile</goal>

</goals>

</execution>

</executions>

</plugin>

From this configuration the aop plugin generates the following command:

java -cp /home/dpalmer/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-utils/1.4.9/plexus-utils-1.4.9.jar:/home/dpalmer/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/2.4/maven-surefire-plugin-2.4.jar:/home/dpalmer/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/surefire/surefire-booter/2.4/surefire-booter-2.4.jar:/home/dpalmer/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/surefire/surefire-api/2.4/surefire-api-2.4.jar:/home/dpalmer/.m2/repository/org/jboss/aop/jboss-aop/2.1.3.GA/jboss-aop-2.1.3.GA.jar:/home/dpalmer/.m2/repository/org/apache/ant/ant/1.7.0/ant-1.7.0.jar:/home/dpalmer/.m2/repository/org/apache/ant/ant-launcher/1.7.0/ant-launcher-1.7.0.jar:/home/dpalmer/.m2/repository/javassist/javassist/3.10.0.GA/javassist-3.10.0.GA.jar:/home/dpalmer/.m2/repository/org/jboss/jboss-reflect/2.0.2.GA/jboss-reflect-2.0.2.GA.jar:/home/dpalmer/.m2/repository/org/jboss/logging/jboss-logging-spi/2.0.5.GA/jboss-logging-spi-2.0.5.GA.jar:/home/dpalmer/.m2/repository/org/jboss/jboss-common-core/2.2.11.GA/jboss-common-core-2.2.11.GA.jar:/home/dpalmer/.m2/repository/org/jboss/jboss-mdr/2.0.1.GA/jboss-mdr-2.0.1.GA.jar:/home/dpalmer/.m2/repository/trove/trove/2.1.1/trove-2.1.1.jar:/home/dpalmer/.m2/repository/org/jboss/logging/jboss-logging-log4j/2.0.5.GA/jboss-logging-log4j-2.0.5.GA.jar:/usr/local/maven/maven_home/lib/maven-2.2.1-uber.jar:/usr/local/maven/maven_home/lib/maven-2.2.1-uber.jar:/home/dpalmer/Work/ESB/checkouts/branches/dpalmer/JBESB_4_9_CP/product/services/soapui-client/soapui/../../../lib/ext/soapui-1.7.1.jar:/home/dpalmer/.m2/repository/eviware/soapui-xmlbeans/1.7/soapui-xmlbeans-1.7.jar:/home/dpalmer/.m2/repository/eviware/soap-xmlbeans/1.2/soap-xmlbeans-1.2.jar:/home/dpalmer/.m2/repository/xmlbeans/xbean/2.2.0/xbean-2.2.0.jar:/home/dpalmer/.m2/repository/log4j/log4j/1.2.14/log4j-1.2.14.jar:/home/dpalmer/.m2/repository/wsdl4j/wsdl4j/1.6.2/wsdl4j-1.6.2.jar:/home/dpalmer/.m2/repository/org/jboss/soa/esb/aop/4.9.SNAPSHOT/aop-4.9.SNAPSHOT.jar:/home/dpalmer/Work/ESB/checkouts/branches/dpalmer/JBESB_4_9_CP/product/services/soapui-client/soapui/target/classes org.jboss.aop.standalone.Compiler -verbose -suppress -aoppath /home/dpalmer/Work/ESB/checkouts/branches/dpalmer/JBESB_4_9_CP/product/services/soapui-client/soapui/src/main/resources/jboss-aop.xml /home/dpalmer/Work/ESB/checkouts/branches/dpalmer/JBESB_4_9_CP/product/services/soapui-client/soapui/target/classes/com/eviware/soapui/impl/wsdl/support/wsdl/WsdlContext\$Loader.class

This fails with:

Trying to compile /home/dpalmer/Work/ESB/checkouts/branches/dpalmer/JBESB_4_9_CP/product/services/soapui-client/soapui/target/classes/com/eviware/soapui/impl/wsdl/support/wsdl/WsdlContext$Loader.class and found it also within file:/home/dpalmer/Work/ESB/checkouts/branches/dpalmer/JBESB_4_9_CP/product/lib/ext/soapui-1.7.1.jar!/com/eviware/soapui/impl/wsdl/support/wsdl/WsdlContext$Loader.class will not proceed.

However, if I move the classpath entry for my project.build.outputDirectory from the end of the classpath to the start of the classpath then the aop compile succeeds. Is it possible to change the order of the classpath entries? Or have I configure this incorrectly?

Regards

Doug

• 1. Re: Maven plugin classpath woes
          dpalmer

Hi

I have checked out the source code for the maven aop plugin and I can see that it is impossible to replace my ant aopc task with a maven aopc task. In order to do this I would need to be able to configure the included dependencies.

Regards

Doug