1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 21, 2011 2:32 AM by saig0

cancel and error end activity throws exception in subprocess [jBPM 4.4]

saig0

Hi!

I use jBPM 4.4 and created a simple process which includes a state and a subprocess with different end activities:

process.PNG

The subprocess is similar to the example in user guide > http://docs.jboss.com/jbpm/v4/userguide/html_single/#endstate .

subprocess.PNG

When I send the signal "end" to the state in the subprocess, the process wait in state "end state". That's correct!

But if I send the signal "cancel" or "end", a JbpmException "execution[...] has running subprocess: execution[...] in state cancel/error" throws.

This exception throws in method checkActive() of the class ExecutionImpl:

if (!isActive())
      protected void checkActive()
          {
              if (!isActive())
              {
                  throw new JbpmException(toString() + " is not active: " + state);
              }
              else if (this.subProcessInstance != null
                      && !Execution.STATE_ENDED.equals(this.subProcessInstance.getState()))
              {
                  throw new JbpmException(toString() + " has running subprocess: "
                          + this.subProcessInstance.toString() + " in state " + this.subProcessInstance.getState());
              }
          }

The problem is that the methode only check if the subprocess has the state "end".

I think the method have to check if the subprocess state is one of {end, cancel, error}. Right?

• 1. Re: cancel and error end activity throws exception in subprocess [jBPM 4.4]
          saig0

One solution is to change the behavior of class ExecutionImpl to this:

protected void checkActive()
              {
                  if (!isActive())
                  {
                      throw new JbpmException(toString() + " is not active: " + state);
                  }
                  else if (this.subProcessInstance != null && !isSubProcessEnded())
                  {
                      throw new JbpmException(toString() + " has running subprocess: "
                              + this.subProcessInstance.toString() + " in state " + this.subProcessInstance.getState());
                  }
              }

private boolean isSubProcessEnded()
              {
                  List<String> endStates = new ArrayList<String>();
                  endStates.add(Execution.STATE_ENDED);
                  endStates.add("cancel");
                  endStates.add("error");
                  return endStates.contains(this.subProcessInstance.getState());
              }