2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2010 4:14 PM by oechevarria

Non English characters in ejb-jar.xml

oechevarria

Hello everyone,

I am trying to deploy a javaee application using JBossAS 6.0.0 M5 and JBossWS metro 3.3.1.  Upon deployment I get an exception saying that JBoss is unable to parse the ejb-jar.xml file.  This file happens to contain non-english characters.  Please note that the characters reported as the NMTOKEN in the log, i.e. 'ßÜÑÑÃ?' do not 'look' like the ones in the actual file simply because the output log is from the DOS console window which of couse is unable to display non english characters.  The actual characters found in the ejb-jar.xml file are 'ßÜÑÑÝ'

The ejb-jar-xml file is a text file with UTF-8 encoding and the contents of the file are also UTF-8 encoded as determined by the encoding="UTF-8" directive at the top of the file.

I am attaching both the console log that shows the exception and the ejb-jar.xml file.

I tried both the Default and Standard configurations with the same outcome.  I also get the same result with JBossAS 5.1.0 and JBossWS metro 3.2.2.

I have been able to deploy the same application to both WebSphere and WebLogic successfully.

Any comments, ideas, or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Octavio