10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2010 4:08 AM by tung-td

Deploy doesn't work under Windows 7

sanix

I'm using JBoss 5.1 GA and trying to deploy an application with the JBoss AS Tools in Eclipse. When I use run on server - the server is started correctly but my app not deployed. If I do it manually using export to war, it works.

There's no error message.

Eclipse build id:  20100218-1602

• 1. Re: Deploy doesn't work under Windows 7
          maxandersen

You are not giving much details about if the file are actually copied to the server ?

p.s. please identify your self beyond "sdfdsfs"; we aren't an anonymous board

• 2. Re: Deploy doesn't work under Windows 7
            sanix

It is not copied to the server. I think it might have to with Windows 7, which is very restrictive in regards of access. But there's no error message.

I've changed my user name. I hate to register to boards, that's the reason I chose an anonymous name.

• 3. Re: Deploy doesn't work under Windows 7
              maxandersen

When you say "it is not copied to the server" what do you mean ?

The AS Deployer does not by default deploy into the server, but rather deploys into the workspace area to avoid "dirtying" the installed AS.

You can double click the server to see where it is actually deploying to and you can right click on the deployed modules and choose "Explore" to see what actually gets copied/deployed.

If that still leads to nothing are deployed/copied then try and do a Full Publish - does that change anything ?

And thanks for putting a name up

• 4. Re: Deploy doesn't work under Windows 7
                sanix

ok, did not know that. I tried now a full publish and it does not work either. I don't know what kind of information do you want, since I don't get any error message. According to the plugin it gets published but it is not.

When I click on explore, the following folder will be opened:

E:\Projekte\eclipse jboss\.metadata\.plugins\org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.core\JBoss_5.1_Runtime_Server1284987388425\deploy\HelloWorld_webfr.war

The classes and libraries are in the war file as it should be.

• 5. Re: Deploy doesn't work under Windows 7
                  rob.stryker

So you've found the missing file. The question now is why it isn't being picked up by the server. I would assume it's not being picked up because of some JMX reason, maybe your JMX username nad password are incorrect in the server editor?

When you run from the command line, does the shutdown script work if you type  ./shutdown.bat -S -u admin -p admin ? (Use different username / passwords according to your config of course, but make sure htese match what you'll find in the server editor)

• 6. Re: Deploy doesn't work under Windows 7
                    dgolovin

Could you try to run JBT from location without space in folder name? I'm not sure it is the reason, just a guess.

• 7. Re: Deploy doesn't work under Windows 7
                      simon_lebettre

Hi guys. I can provide more detailed info regarding this  :

Deploy does not work on my

- win7 64 home premium

- 32 bit JVM

- wether deploying in jboss 5.1 deploy folder or in eclipse metadata folder, even when recreating the server config

- Eclipse Helios with latest jboss tools M2

- With latest wtp update ! Stock Helios works fine ! ( this update is available from inside eclipse, this is the version with explore context menu on the server not just on ear and war )

- Even the basic deploy does not work (the fake server wich just copies folders)

- Compressed war works, exploded (default mode) does not work.

-everything appears like published but no dependency gets published ( no utility project opened in eclipse, no war, no seam.jar, just an invalid ear)

=> So just reinstall stock helios and dont update wtp.

• 8. Re: Deploy doesn't work under Windows 7
                        maxandersen

hmm...stock helios does not provide an "Explore" option in context menu, JBoss Tools does that...are you sure you didn't just update Jboss tools ?

• 9. Re: Deploy doesn't work under Windows 7
                          simon_lebettre

my mistake explore option is present in my two installations.

And I did more tests and found the real bug : deployement does not work when jboss is not in the same drive as Eclipse !

updated wtp Eclipse in C:\ + Jboss in S:\ => Bug

updated wtp Eclipse in S:\ + Jboss in S:\ => Deployement ok !

• 10. Re: Deploy doesn't work under Windows 7
                            tung-td

I think this is the solution for your problem http://community.jboss.org/thread/149665?tstart=0