6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2010 11:24 AM by peterj

Problem trying to download JBoss App Server

frozenrun

No matter what download version I  downloaded they all have the same zip file name (weld-1.0.1-Final) and the same  file size.  The reason I tried to download differnent versions was  because after I unzip the file it does not appear to be the JBoss App  Server software.  The doco file that was extracted was called weld-reference.pdf and it is  about JSR-299.  Is this the really the App Server software.

Instructions  from the Jboss Drools Business Rules book says after unzipping the  files there should be a run.bat file.  This was not found so I don't  think the download site is providing the correct software.

If this is not a user issue how do I contact JBoss staff to investigate?

Any help would  be greatly apprecriated.

thank you!

• 1. Re: Problem trying to download JBoss App Server
          jaikiran

frozenrun wrote:

No matter what download version I  downloaded they all have the same zip file name (weld-1.0.1-Final) and the same  file size.  The reason I tried to download differnent versions was  because after I unzip the file it does not appear to be the JBoss App  Server software.

Actually, I have run into that issue too. Not just with JBoss AS but with other software (like downloading our EJB3 plugin). For some reason, the "green download button" shows me the Weld download irrespective of what project I'm downloading. As a workaround, I just select one of the files under the "download files" tree instead of using the "green download button". Does that work for you?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Problem trying to download JBoss App Server
            jaikiran

Here's an image of what we are talking about. The green button shows "Weld" file whereas the listed files, below that, correctly shows JBoss AS files.

JBAS download.png

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Problem trying to download JBoss App Server
              frozenrun

Thank you Jaikiran.  Your suggest did allow me to install the App Server.  I'm puzzled though by knowing which file to pick from the drop down box since the file sizes are different.  For example the most recent file to pick is 64 bytes while the last file in the list is 133.6 MB.   I downloaded this last file and it seemed to work.  Would the small file also have worked?  Or is the files after the first entry fixes/patches that also should be downloaded and extracted?   And if so, do they all need downloaded and extracted in the order they were loaded to site?

• 4. Re: Problem trying to download JBoss App Server
                frozenrun

Yes this green button with the "Weld" file seems to be the problem.  I wish this could be fixed but not sure how to notify JBoss folks without having a pay service which I don't have.

• 5. Re: Problem trying to download JBoss App Server
                  jaikiran

frozenrun wrote:

I wish this could be fixed but not sure how to notify JBoss folks without having a pay service which I don't have.

We are looking into the issue and you don't have to pay anything for community versions

• 6. Re: Problem trying to download JBoss App Server
                    peterj

>>Would the small file also have worked?

Note that the small file ends with .SHA-256. This file is the HA-256 checksum for the ZIP file download. You can use the checksum to verify that the ZIP file downloaded correctly. Ditto for the second link ending in MD5.

The items with 'src' in their names are source code.

The items with 'jdk6' in their names are specifically for use with JDK 6, the ZIP file without 'jdk6' is for use with JDK 5.