5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2010 12:29 PM by peterj

how can i host 3000 people in jboss server(server side)

juank

i started to work in jboss server, and i would like to know how can i host 3000 people in jboss server, server side. i know how to make the pool conecction with oracle database but i want my application support 3000 people at the same thime. please i need help

Thanks.

Juank

• 1. Re: how can i host 3000 people in jboss server(server side)
          wdfink

JBoss can not host people ;-)

So what you mean?

3000 logins or session in HTTP?

3000 RMI calls at the same time?

• 2. Re: how can i host 3000 people in jboss server(server side)
            juank

i mean 3000 session in HTTP and how can i connect with spring framework

p.d: my english is not very good =(

• 3. Re: how can i host 3000 people in jboss server(server side)
              peterj

If I understand you correctly, there will be 3000 users of your application, and all 3000 will be using the application at the same time. Taking think time into account, I suspect that there will be at most 100-300 simultaneous requests in the system at one time (actually, this number is probably way too high, my testing in real worl environments and comments form others that have done the same analysis leads me to believe that the average number of simultaneous requests is about 1% of the total user base, which would be 30 in your case). I suspect that declaring 300 database connections, with a waiting queue of 50, will perhaps be more than enough. Of course what you should do once moking these settings is to monitor the max connection count and the connection queue depth and then adjust the connection limits accordingly - that is, if max connections never gets near 300, reduce the connection count; on the other hand if the queue depth is constantly high, increase the connections by the average queue depth.

As far as HTTP connections go, the same general advice applies. The max connections can be set in the server.xml file.

Note that you do not have to set the HTTP max connection count to 3000 to support 3000 active sessions. The HTTP connection count has to handle only the maximum number of expected simultaneous requests.

• 4. Re: how can i host 3000 people in jboss server(server side)
                juank

Thank peter to answer my  question i really apreciate that, i get your explanation. i made some changes into my project.it seem to be ok, now i need to ask another question, how can i connect my oracle-ds.xml (where i put the max connections) with spring framework, i have to do any class to connect that?

Thanks

P.D: I am working with Spring Source enviroment, oracle database and jboss server

• 5. Re: how can i host 3000 people in jboss server(server side)
                  peterj

There must be some config file in Spring that let's you reference the datasource. Perhaps someone who uses Spring will jump in and help.