1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2010 12:36 PM by imitchell Go to original post
      • 15. Re: JBoss ESB 4.8 in Eclipse
        imitchell

The problem I was having was solved - you can find it here:

http://community.jboss.org/message/563634  entry #33

• 16. Re: JBoss ESB 4.8 in Eclipse
          maxandersen

so you are saying by not choosing target runtime AS it works ?

That sounds so wrong for me  - that should not cause it to fail. If it does then we got some problem somewhere that needs fixing.

• 17. Re: JBoss ESB 4.8 in Eclipse
            imitchell

Yes, when I corrected the Classpath then it still didn't work.

It worked when I made a new project and did not select a target runtime AS and used the corrected Classpath.

I got the idea from Tim (who posted earlier in this thread - he does not select the target runtime either.

In both cases we are running the ESB/AS remotely

• 18. Re: JBoss ESB 4.8 in Eclipse
              imitchell

Max,

I decided to confirm things for you so I started fresh...

I built two new ESB Projects that use the sendEsbMessag sample.

The runtime errors appeared when I specified the JBoss AS target runtime during project creation.

The runtime errors did not appear (and the appropiate text was logged in log/server.log) when I specified <none> as the JBoss AS target runtime during project creation.

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions so we don't clutter this thread - I certainly can be doing something wrong.

• 19. Re: JBoss ESB 4.8 in Eclipse
                maxandersen

..and what happens if you target the runtime and remove the AS classpath container afterwards ?

Does it work then ?

if yes then there must be some conflicts on the classpath.

• 20. Re: JBoss ESB 4.8 in Eclipse
                  imitchell

Hi Max,

Yes - when I removed the AS classpath from a project that originally had a targeted runtime the problem went away.

So I have 2 questions

1 - why would a simple ESB aware client need to include AS jars?

2 - do you see anything glaring about the classpath in question (below)?

Here is the classpath:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
                  <classpath>
                  <classpathentry kind="src" path="src"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/jdk1.6.0_21">
                    <attributes>
                     <attribute name="owner.project.facets" value="jst.java"/>
                    </attributes>
                  </classpathentry>
                  <classpathentry kind="con" path="org.jboss.esb.runtime.classpath/server.supplied/JBoss 6.0 Runtime 4"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/JBOSS_TEST/commons-codec-1.3.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/JBOSS_TEST/commons-collections-3.2.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/JBOSS_TEST/commons-configuration-1.5.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/JBOSS_TEST/commons-lang-2.3.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/JBOSS_TEST/commons-logging-1.1.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/JBOSS_TEST/javassist-3.6.0.GA.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/JBOSS_TEST/jbossall-client-4.2.2.GA.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/JBOSS_TEST/jboss-aop-jdk50-1.5.6.GA.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/JBOSS_TEST/jbossesb-config-model-1.0.1.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/JBOSS_TEST/jbossesb-config-model-1.1.0.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/JBOSS_TEST/jbossesb-config-model-1.2.0.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/JBOSS_TEST/jbossesb-registry.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/JBOSS_TEST/jbossesb-rosetta.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/JBOSS_TEST/jboss-messaging-client.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/JBOSS_TEST/jboss-remoting.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/JBOSS_TEST/jbossts-common.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/JBOSS_TEST/juddi-client-3.0.1.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/JBOSS_TEST/log4j.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/JBOSS_TEST/scout-1.2.1.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/JBOSS_TEST/stax-1.2.0.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/JBOSS_TEST/stax-api-1.0-2.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/JBOSS_TEST/trove.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/JBOSS_TEST/uddi-ws-3.0.1.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/JBOSS_TEST/wstx-asl-3.2.0.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/JBOSS_TEST/xbean-2.2.0.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/JBOSS_TEST/xercesImpl-2.8.0.jar"/>
                  <classpathentry kind="output" path="build/classes"/>
                  </classpath>

Thanks for all your help!

Ian

1 2 Previous Next