3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2010 3:37 AM by mwohlf

How to integrate Seam with JBPM4.x?

nilesh.chauhan

Hi All,

First of all Sorry to include this post only to JBPM as it is more towards seam, but i dont have access to post discussion in seam zone. So, posting here.

I am new to seam and JBPM4 environment. My project is developed using Seam 2.2 and JBPM3 the default supported version. Now, we want to use JBPM4 with seam. I gone through your post about seam and JBPM4 integration, It seems some of you have achieve good level in seam JBPM4 integration. Could anyone please provide some guidance to do the same. Any steps, code sample for configuration, any clues or help is highly appricieted..

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: How to integrate Seam with JBPM4.x?
          mwohlf
          • 2. Re: How to integrate Seam with JBPM4.x?
            andrescarlospa

Did you configure jbpm 4.4 with seam 2.2??, I have problems with the jbpm.cfg.xml config, it thrown an exception, I followed the same article, but I don't know what's wrong....

my jbpm.cfg.xml:

<jbpm-configuration>

<jbpm-context>
                <service name="persistence">
                   <factory>
                      <bean class="org.jbpm.persistence.db.DbPersistenceServiceFactory">
                         <field name="isTransactionEnabled"><false/></field>
                      </bean>
                   </factory>
                </service>

<service name="tx" factory="org.jbpm.tx.TxServiceFactory" />
                <service name="message" factory="org.jbpm.msg.db.DbMessageServiceFactory" />
                <service name="scheduler" factory="org.jbpm.scheduler.db.DbSchedulerServiceFactory" />
                <service name="logging" factory="org.jbpm.logging.db.DbLoggingServiceFactory" />
                <service name="authentication" factory="org.jbpm.security.authentication.DefaultAuthenticationServiceFactory" />
              </jbpm-context>

</jbpm-configuration>

this is the exception

13:18:20,818 ERROR [STDERR] java.lang.NullPointerException
            13:18:20,818 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.processengine.ProcessEngineImpl.checkDb(ProcessEngineImpl.java:152)
            13:18:20,818 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.processengine.ProcessEngineImpl.<init>(ProcessEngineImpl.java:105)
            13:18:20,818 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.cfg.ConfigurationImpl.instantiateProcessEngine(ConfigurationImpl.java:100)
            13:18:20,818 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.cfg.ConfigurationImpl.buildProcessEngine(ConfigurationImpl.java:92)
            13:18:20,818 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.jbpm.api.Configuration.getProcessEngine(Configuration.java:126)

Thanks!!!

• 3. Re: How to integrate Seam with JBPM4.x?
              mwohlf

dude, your config file is for jBPM3