0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2010 8:50 AM by hodneeri

Not a JBossDestination when writing to a websphere MQ using Websphere resource adapter

hodneeri

Hi all,

I have a problem when connecting between JBoss 4.3.0 and a Websphere MQ.

I have followed the procedure described here:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0710_ritchie/0710_ritchie.html?ca=drs

Earlier I have made a connection to a Websphere MQ using an MDB like described in the document, and it works fine. It picks up incomming messages as expected.

Now I want to write a message from my application to a Websphere MQ, but then I get trouble. Here is my setup:

I have deployed wmq.jmsra.rar in the deploy-directory on my jboss, and I have put com.ibm.mqetclient.jar in the lib-directory. These seem to work fine, and are also used by my MDB which is already working.

In wmq.jmsra-ds.xml, my mbean look like this (I have swapped the names of queues and hosts with examples):

<!-- mbeans defining JCA administered objects -->
        <mbean code="org.jboss.resource.deployment.AdminObject"
            name="jca.wmq:name=ivtqueue">

<!-- Bind this AdminObject  with the JNDI name IVTQueue -->
          <attribute name="JNDIName">
            IVTQueue
          </attribute>

<!-- this MBean depends on the WebSphere MQ resource adapter -->
          <depends optional-attribute-name="RARName">
            jboss.jca:service=RARDeployment,name='wmq.jmsra.rar'
          </depends>

<!-- this admin object is a javax.jms.Queue -->
          <attribute name="Type">javax.jms.Queue</attribute>

<!--
             Configuration for Queue TEST.QUEUE on queue manager ExampleQM. All messages sent 
             to this queue will have their expiry time overridden so that messages never expire
          -->
          <attribute name="Properties">
            baseQueueManagerName=ExampleQueueManager
            baseQueueName=ExampleQueueName
            <!--expiry=EXP_UNLIMITED-->
          </attribute>
        </mbean>

My tx connectionfactory:

<tx-connection-factory>

<!-- Bind this ConnectionFactory with the JNDI name IVTCF -->
          <jndi-name>IVTCF</jndi-name>

<!-- Indicate that the connection factory supports XA transactions -->
          <xa-transaction />

<!-- rar-name is the actual RAR file name, in this case wmq.jmsra.rar -->
          <rar-name>wmq.jmsra.rar</rar-name>

<!-- connection-definition is the ConnectionFactory interface 
            defined in the ra.xml -->
          <connection-definition>
            javax.jms.ConnectionFactory
          </connection-definition>

<!--
              Configuration for the ConnectionFactory. This defines the channel, hostname, port,
              queueManager, and transportType properties for a client (TCP/IP) connection to WMQ
          -->
          <config-property name="channel" type="java.lang.String">
            Channel
          </config-property>
          <config-property name="hostName" type="java.lang.String">
            hostName
          </config-property>
          <config-property name="port" type="java.lang.String">
          </config-property>
          <config-property name="queueManager" type="java.lang.String">
            QUEUEMANAGER
          </config-property>
          <config-property name="transportType" type="java.lang.String">
            CLIENT
          </config-property>

<!-- define security domain -->
          <security-domain-and-application>JmsXARealm</security-domain-and-application>
        </tx-connection-factory>

Now I deploy the testapplication wmq.jmsra.ivt.ear, and the testapplication runs fine, saying it creates a connection to the destination and sends a test message.

I now try to run my own code, I have refactored it to one short method here to illustrate how I do it:

private void connectAndSendMessage(String message) throws LoginException, JMSException, NamingException, CreateException, ConfigurationException, IOException{
              InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext();
              Queue queue = (Queue) ctx.lookup("IVTQueue");
              QueueConnectionFactory qcf = (QueueConnectionFactory) ctx.lookup("IVTCF");
              QueueConnection queueConnection = qcf.createQueueConnection();
              queueConnection.start();
              QueueSession queueSession = queueConnection.createQueueSession(false, Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);

QueueSender send = null;
              try{
                  send = queueSession.createSender(queue);
                  TextMessage tm = queueSession.createTextMessage(new Base64().encode(message));
                  send.send(tm);
              }finally{
                  if(send!=null){
                      send.close();
                  }
              }
      }

When I try to run it, it manages to get a QueueSession, but when it tries to create a QueueSender, I get the following exception:

javax.jms.InvalidDestinationException: Not a JBossDestination:queue://ExampleQueueManager/ExampleQueueName
          at org.jboss.jms.client.JBossSession.createProducer(JBossSession.java:206)
          at org.jboss.jms.client.JBossSession.createSender(JBossSession.java:406)
          at com.ec.company.util.outbound.OutboundMQBuisnessAction.sendMessageJMS(OutboundMQBuisnessAction.java:81)
          at com.ec.company.util.outbound.OutboundMQBuisnessAction.transferSPSales(OutboundMQBuisnessAction.java:131)
          at com.ec.company.util.outbound.OutboundMQBuisnessAction.execute(OutboundMQBuisnessAction.java:57)
          at com.ec.eccore.controller.ejb.BusinessControllerBean.executeAction(BusinessControllerBean.java:422)
          at com.ec.eccore.controller.ejb.BusinessControllerBean.handleEvent(BusinessControllerBean.java:345)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
          at org.jboss.invocation.Invocation.performCall(Invocation.java:359)
          at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:237)
          at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:158)
          at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:169)
          at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invoke(CallValidationInterceptor.java:63)
          at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:121)
          at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:404)
          at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:181)
          at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:168)
          at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:205)
          at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:138)
          at org.jboss.ejb.SessionContainer.internalInvoke(SessionContainer.java:648)
          at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:960)
          at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor172.invoke(Unknown Source)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
          at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:155)
          at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:94)
          at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:86)
          at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
          at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
          at org.jboss.invocation.local.LocalInvoker$MBeanServerAction.invoke(LocalInvoker.java:169)
          at org.jboss.invocation.local.LocalInvoker.invoke(LocalInvoker.java:118)
          at org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor.invokeLocal(InvokerInterceptor.java:209)
          at org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor.invoke(InvokerInterceptor.java:195)
          at org.jboss.proxy.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:61)
          at org.jboss.proxy.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:70)
          at org.jboss.proxy.ejb.StatelessSessionInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInterceptor.java:112)
          at org.jboss.proxy.ClientContainer.invoke(ClientContainer.java:100)
          at $Proxy174.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
          at com.ec.frmw.scheduler.job.BusinessControllerInvokerJob.executeBusinessController(BusinessControllerInvokerJob.java:111)
          at com.ec.frmw.scheduler.job.BusinessControllerInvokerJob.execute(BusinessControllerInvokerJob.java:81)
          at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:203)
          at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:520)

Have anybody seen this before, and can point me in the correct direction?

Regards,

Erik