7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2011 11:42 PM by ron_sigal

Unable to find Remoting services in Jboss 5.1.0

ron_sigal

dhaval joshi wrote:

Hi

My project was eariler deployed on  Jboss 4.2.2 and now we are migrating towards jboss 5.1.0, We used Jboss  remoting  in Jboss 4.2.2 and so we  edited Jboss-Service.xml in  <JBOSS_HOME>\Server\Default\Conf, In Jboss-Service.xml of Jboss  4.2.2  Remoting Services &  Transaction which our application is  using. we also edited Remoting Services section in Jboss-service.xml.

but now  after we partially migrated to jboss 5.1.0, i could not find Remoting  Services section in Jboss-service.xml of 5.1.0. Also lot of other  sections like Transaction,Invokers to the JMX-node,Remoting Services and  Deployment scanning are missing in Jboss-service.xml of Jboss 5.1.0.

If you  compare jboss-service.xml of Jboss 4.2.2 & Jboss 5.1.0 with some  code comparator then you can verify this changes which i am seeting.

Can any one  let me know how can I Use Remoting & Transaction Services in Jboss  5.1.0 ?  and Incase I have to edit this Remoting services section then  where should i make changes  ?

• 1. Re: Unable to find Remoting services in Jboss 5.1.0
          ron_sigal

Hi Dhaval,

I moved your question to the Remoting users forum and turned it into a discussion instead of an article.

In AS 5.1, Remoting is configured in $JBOSS_HOME/server/$CONFIG/deploy/remoting-jboss-beans.xml.  To read about the new Remoting configuration syntax, see  Section 5.1.1.3. "Declarative configuration: POJOs" of the Remoting Guide at http://docs.jboss.org/jbossremoting/2.5.3.SP1/html/.

I can't tell you anything about transaction configuration, but I see a transaction-jboss-beans.xml file in the same directory.

-Ron

• 2. Re: Unable to find Remoting services in Jboss 5.1.0
            dhaval0129

Hi,

I still do not understand how can make this work, In previous Jboss 4.2.2 I added code below to Jboss-service.xml to remoting section and everything worked for me. I really do not know how should I get it working on Jboss 5.1.0. This what i added to jboss-service.xml as below:

<mbean code="org.jboss.remoting.transport.Connector"
                    name="jboss.remoting:service=Connector,transport=SSLServlet"
                    display-name="SSL Servlet transport Connector">
                    <attribute name="InvokerLocator">
                        sslservlet://localhost:8443/servlet-invoker/ServerInvokerServlet
                    </attribute>
                    <attribute name="Configuration">
                    <config>
                    <handlers>
                    <handler subsystem="server-log-monitor">com.icrco.remoting.CallbackInvocationHandler</handler>
                    <handler subsystem="server-log-sender">com.icrco.remoting.CallbackInvocationHandler</handler>
                    </handlers>
                    </config>
                    </attribute>
            </mbean>

Can any one tell me where do i need to add this in Jboss 5.1.0 and also to let you know this How my Web.xml looks like in servlet-invoker.war

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
            <!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC
               "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN"
               "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd">

<!-- The the JBossRemoting server invoker servlet web.xml descriptor
            $Id: web.xml,v 1.2 2009/06/03 17:42:47 jon Exp $
            -->
            <web-app>
                <servlet>
                    <servlet-name>ServerInvokerServlet</servlet-name>
                    <description>The ServerInvokerServlet receives requests via HTTP
                       protocol from within a web container and passes it onto the
                       ServletServerInvoker for processing.
                    </description>
                    <servlet-class>org.jboss.remoting.transport.servlet.web.ServerInvokerServlet</servlet-class>
                    <init-param>
                       <!--
                        <param-name>invokerName</param-name>
                        <param-value>jboss.remoting:service=Connector,transport=SSLServlet</param-value>
                        <description>The servlet server invoker</description>
                       -->
                        <param-name>locatorUrl</param-name>
                        <param-value>sslservlet://localhost:8443/servlet-invoker/ServerInvokerServlet</param-value>
                        <description>The servlet server invoker locator url</description>
                    </init-param>
                    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
                  <depends>jboss.remoting:service=TransactionManager</depends>
                </servlet>
                <servlet-mapping>
                    <servlet-name>ServerInvokerServlet</servlet-name>
                    <url-pattern>/ServerInvokerServlet/*</url-pattern>
                </servlet-mapping>
            </web-app>

JBoss 5.1.0 also throws exception on depends tag can you please give me tips how to resolve this Jboss Remoting issues on 5.1.0

• 3. Re: Unable to find Remoting services in Jboss 5.1.0
              dhaval0129

I think no one is active on Jboss Remote forums

• 4. Re: Unable to find Remoting services in Jboss 5.1.0
                dhaval0129

Need to refer Jboss Remoting examples to resolve this issue

• 5. Re: Unable to find Remoting services in Jboss 5.1.0
                  ron_sigal

Hi Dhaval,

Are you saying you resolved your problem?

-Ron

• 6. Re: Unable to find Remoting services in Jboss 5.1.0
                    dhaval0129

Yes I resolved the issue, All you need to do read Jboss Remoting documentation.

• 7. Unable to find Remoting services in Jboss 5.1.0
                      ron_sigal

YES!  Thank you, Dhaval!