5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2010 4:24 PM by peterj

Unable to use remoting services in jboss 5.1.0

dhaval0129

Hi

My project was eariler deployed on Jboss 4.2.2 and now we are migrating towards jboss 5.1.0, We used Jboss remoting  in Jboss 4.2.2 and so we  edited Jboss-Service.xml in <JBOSS_HOME>\Server\Default\Conf, In Jboss-Service.xml of Jboss 4.2.2  Remoting Services &  Transaction which our application is using. we also edited Remoting Services section in Jboss-service.xml.

but now after we partially migrated to jboss 5.1.0, i could not find Remoting Services section in Jboss-service.xml of 5.1.0. Also lot of other sections like Transaction,Invokers to the JMX-node,Remoting Services and Deployment scanning are missing in Jboss-service.xml of Jboss 5.1.0.

If you compare jboss-service.xml of Jboss 4.2.2 & Jboss 5.1.0 with some code comparator then you can verify this changes which i am seeting.

Can any one let me know how can I Use Remoting & Transaction Services in Jboss 5.1.0 ?  and Incase I have to edit this Remoting services section then where should i make changes  ?

• 1. Re: Unable to use remoting services in jboss 5.1.0
          peterj

Remoting is no longer handled by the JMX Kernel, it has been moved to the microcontainer. You can configure remoting in the server/xxx/deploy/remoting-jboss-beans.xml file. In fact, several services have undergone similar transformations - look for the *-jboss-beans.xml files.

• 2. Re: Unable to use remoting services in jboss 5.1.0
            dhaval0129

Hi,

Thanks for the Reply, but Its throwing Error when I open server.log, could please advice something that can fix this issue

Also attaching server.log for more details

• 3. Re: Unable to use remoting services in jboss 5.1.0
              peterj

Did you look at the error you were getting:

Caused by: org.jboss.xb.binding.JBossXBException: Failed to parse source: {urn:jboss:bean-deployer:2.0}mbean not found as a child of {urn:jboss:bean-deployer:2.0}deployment in unordered_sequence: {urn:jboss:bean-deployer:2.0}stop? {urn:jboss:bean-deployer:2.0}destroy? {urn:jboss:bean-deployer:2.0}annotation* {urn:jboss:bean-deployer:2.0}alias* {urn:jboss:bean-deployer:2.0}start? {urn:jboss:bean-deployer:2.0}classloader? {urn:jboss:bean-deployer:2.0}create? {choice}* {sequence}*

Looks like you there are syntax errors in the remoting-jboss-beans.xml file. Did you by any chance place an <mbean> entry in there? You cannot do that - as I pointed out in my first reply, remoting no longer uses JMX. You should read the rmeoting documentation to determine what changes you can make to the file.

• 4. Re: Unable to use remoting services in jboss 5.1.0
                dhaval0129

Hi Peter,

I resolved this issue by creating seprate remoting-service.xml, but I am still gettings error in server.log coz my web.xml

in servlet-invoker.war has <depends> tag.

I am reattaching server.log and web.xml.

• 5. Re: Unable to use remoting services in jboss 5.1.0
                  peterj

>>I resolved this issue by creating seprate remoting-service.xml, b

I don't think that this is going to work. As I mentioned earlier, you will have to find out how remoting is handled in the new microcontainer and port your settings over. You might be able to get more specific help in the Remoting forum: http://community.jboss.org/en/jbossremoting?view=discussions