3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2010 11:09 AM by welle

How to confirm JBoss AS 6 messaging is running/enabled

imitchell

Hi,

I am having problems with the deployment of messaging Topics.

my xxx-service.xml file is rejected (in server.log) with "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jboss.jms.server.destination.TopicService" which seems like I have a very basic or high-level problem"

Is there a way to confirm that messaging is even installed/running/enabled for a JBoss AS 6 system?

Thanks

• 1. Re: How to confirm JBoss AS 6 messaging is running/enabled
          welle

I havent started to use AS 6 myself yet but isn't queues and topics defined in "$JBOSS_HOME/server/XXX/deploy/hornetq/hornetq-jms.xml" when HornetQ is used?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to confirm JBoss AS 6 messaging is running/enabled
            imitchell

Hello Anders - thanks for responding - yes they are defined there.

Also, reading your reply I realized I could simply check server.log to see what was started!

This is what I saw:

boot.log:15:31:08,268 INFO  [HornetQServerImpl] HornetQ Server version 2.1.0.BETA3 (Hungry Hornet, 117) started
            boot.log:15:31:18,594 INFO  [HornetQResourceAdapter] HornetQ resource adaptor started

So it looks like HornetQ is up and running - now if I could only figure what the heck I am doing wrong when i deploy to it.

Take a quick peek at the below issue if you have chance (it is related to the topic)

https://community.jboss.org/message/558023#558023

Thanks

• 3. Re: How to confirm JBoss AS 6 messaging is running/enabled
              welle

Hmm...

It seems like you are trying to deploy a Topic called ianTest using the mbean solution. I'm not sure it you can do that in HornetQ (anyone else know this for sure?)

<mbean code="org.jboss.jms.server.destination.TopicService"

name="jboss.messaging.destination:service=Topic,name=ianTest"
                              xmbean-dd="xmdesc/Topic-xmbean.xml">
                              <depends optional-attribute-name="ServerPeer">jboss.messaging:service=ServerPeer</depends>
                              <depends>jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice</depends>
                      </mbean>

I believe (i'm far from sure as I haven't started using JBoss 6 yet) that you have to put the topic def. into "$JBOSS_HOME/server/XXX/deploy/hornetq/hornetq-jms.xml":

<topic name="ianTest">
                                 <entry name="/topic/ianTest"/>
                        </topic>