4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2010 11:35 AM by peterj

web app online

ericjvandervelden

Hello,

How do I make my web application which runs in JBoss online?

Thanks,

Eric J.

• 1. Re: web app online
          ramboid

Open the JBOSS port to the internet or network

• 2. Re: web app online
            peterj

Are you perhaps looking for this: http://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBoss42FAQ

If not, could you be a little more specific about what you mean by "make ... online"?

• 3. Re: web app online
              ericjvandervelden

I'm sorry. In The Netherlands a PHP site will cost you a few euros per month at a web hosting company. They also service JBoss, but that will cost you 200 euros per month, so that's more for companies. So I am looking for some way to put some of my applications on the Internet, so people can see what I can do with JBoss.

Thanks,

Eric J.

• 4. Re: web app online
                peterj

So what you are trying to do is let people access the JBoss AS running on your PC. How do you connect to the internet? What does your home network look like? What kind of firewalls does your internet provider (ISP) have in place? Essentially, you want to open the firewalls in your ISP and your local router (if any) so that anyone accesing port 8080 can get to your machine. Personally, I would set up a seperate computer that hosts JBoss AS, and place that computer in front of my router. (I could provide a quick diagram, but I have a meeting to attend)

By the way, you can purchase a small server configuration from Amazon's EC2 for about %0.10 per hour which works out to about $72USD a month, much less that the 200Euro the hosting company charges.

Also, what kind of apps are you writting? If mainly serverlet/JSF then perhaps Google's AppEngine might be a better approach. They let you host your app and as long as it doesn't exceed a certain threshold (and the threshold is fairly high) then it is free.